The BeagleBone Weather Cape provides weather data for the BeagleBone including temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and ambient light. These weather input data can be accessed via I2C bus. The BeagleBone Weather Cape also features an LED to indicate that power is applied.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional help.
Initial release of BeagleBone Weather Cape
- BeagleBone Weather Cape revision A is supported by Angstrom release 06-18-12 or later.
- Major BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here.
- Intermediate BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here
Please follow the instructions here to write the image file to your SD card on a Windows machine.
- A BeagleBone Weather Cape
- A BeagleBone (with supporting software)
- A USB cable
- A computer
Following the instructions below to start using your BeagleBone Weather Cape:
- Mount the BeagleBone Weather on top of BeagleBone.
- Make sure the micro SD card using with BeagleBone has latest Angstrom image.
- Power up the BeagleBone using a 5V DC power supply.
- Connect the BeagleBone to a computer via USB cable.
- Open a Terminal application (Teraterm, Hyperterminal, etc) and open a new connection with following settings:
- Baud rate - 115200
- Data – 8 bit
- Parity – none,
- Stop – 1 bit
- Flow control – none.
- You should see an Angstrom log in prompt on the terminal window. If not, press Enter to show the log in prompt
- Run the following command to display the outputs of all sensors:
- for sensor in /sys/devices/platform/omap/omap_i2c.3/i2c-3/*/*_input ; do echo -n "$(basename $sensor): " ; cat $sensor ; done
- You should see something like this on the terminal window:
- lux1_input: 27
- humidity1_input: 38143
- temp1_input: 26927
- pressure0_input: 101264
- temp0_input: 270
- The I2C outputs are interpreted as 27 lux, 38% humidity, 27 degrees C and 1013 millibar.
Followings are some specifications of the BeagleBone Weather Cape:
|Power||3.3V via expansion header|
|Connectors||Two 46-position headers|
|One 10-position header|
|Size||2.15" x 3.40"|
The BeagleBone Weather Cape uses 4 signals including:
|Board Name||BeagleBone Weather Cape|
System Reference Manual
BeagleBone Weather Revision A
To download all files at once please click here
To go back to the cape list, please click here