- 1 Descriptions
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Revision Changes
- 4 Software Support
- 5 Getting Started
- 6 Specifications
- 7 Signal Usage
- 8 EEPROM
- 9 Distributors
- 10 Product Images
- 11 Documentations
The BeagleBone Weather Cape provides weather data for the BeagleBone including temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and ambient light. These weather input data can be accessed via I2C bus. The BeagleBone Weather Cape also features an LED to indicate that power is applied.
Note: Revision B is now fully compatible with BeagleBone Black.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional help.
- SHT21 has become obsolete and is replaced by Measurement Specialties' HPP828E031.
- The Weather is now fully supported with BeagleBone Black using kernel release 3.8.13-bone45 or later. Following changes have been made to the BeagleBone Black' kernel:
- Add support for Measurement Specialties chip
- Remove the conflict pin between revision A and the BBB's eMMC (GPIO1_3)
- Pin 6 of P1 connector is removed from the board to eliminate the eMMC signal integrity issue when using Weather Cape with BBB.
Initial release of BeagleBone Weather Cape
- BeagleBone Weather Cape revision A is supported in Angstrom release 06-18-12 or later when using with the original BeagleBone (White). To use this revision with BeagleBone Black, there is a work-around method here.
- BeagleBone Weather Cape revision B is supported in kernel release 3.8.13-bone45 or later. This version is fully compatible with BeagleBone Black.
- BeagleBone software releases can be downloaded here
- Follow instructions here to write an image file to your SD card on a Windows machine.
The Weather Cape should be automatically loaded when using with BeagleBone Black as follow. The eMMC is also loaded since its conflict with the Weather Cape has been removed for revision B.
0: 54:P---L BeagleBone WEATHER CAPE,00B0,Beagleboardtoys,BB-BONE-WTHR-01 1: 55:PF--- 2: 56:PF--- 3: 57:PF--- 4: ff:P-O-L Bone-LT-eMMC-2G,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G 5: ff:P-O-L Bone-Black-HDMI,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONELT-HDMI
To view all sensor inputs at once, use the command below:
for sensor in /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-1/*/*_input; do echo -n "$(basename $sensor): "; cat $sensor; done
You should see something like this
lux1_input: 419 humidity1_input: 25257 temp1_input: 29273 pressure0_input: 99692 temp0_input: 291
The results are interpreted as 419 lux, 25% humidity, 29 degrees C and 997 millibar.
Followings are some specifications of the BeagleBone Weather Cape:
|Sensors||HTU21D (Humidity and Temperature)|
|BMP085 (Pressure and Temperature)|
|TSL2550 (Ambient Light)|
|Power||3.3V via expansion header|
|Connectors||Two 46-position headers|
|One 10-position header|
|Size||2.15" x 3.40"|
The BeagleBone Weather Cape uses 4 signals including:
|Board Name||BeagleBone Weather Cape|
- Please visit Where To Buy for a list of other distributors who carry BeagleBoardToys' capes.
BeagleBone Weather Revision B
Remaining design files are same as revision A. To download all files at once please click here
BeagleBone Weather Revision A
To download all files at once please click here
To go back to the cape list, please click here