Embedded Toys Robo Cape
This is a general purpose robotics board for Beaglebone Black. Sold as a blank PCB and currently selling for $27.50 and can be purchased at www.embeddedtoys.com. PCB is 4 layers with a matte black solder mask. Assemble all of it or just the sections you want. Available for download from github are the dts files, C++ source, Win7 GUI for testing each section and eclipse project folder. Also schematics, BOM, assembly drawing can be downloaded from github as well. Motor voltage capacitor footprints support up to 45V motor voltage. Communication to software interface is thru TCP.
Designed onto the PCB includes.
- 4 - L6470 microstepper controllers up to 128 microsteps.
- MAX1300 16 bit 8 channel multirange A/D converter.
- 2 - 8 Bit ports(MCP23S17) with jumper selectable 3.3V or 5V I/O
- 4 - PWM(PWM1A,PWM1B,PWM2A,PWM2B) I/O with jumper selectable 3.3V or 5V I/O.
- Timers 4-7 I/O with jumper selectable 3.3V or 5V I/O.
To order parts as a kit upload file Robocape_RevA_BOM_Digikey.xls from github to Digikey BOM manager. Once uploaded set each column to it's respective field. Be sure to set row to start scan at 2. This will skip the header row in the .xls sheet. Once BOM manager uploads and generates a BOM you should be able to place an order for all the parts.
Initial release of BeagleBone Robo Cape
- Assembled Robo Cape
- A BeagleBone Black
- A 5V DC power supply (recommended 5V @ 2A)
- 12V-36V motor voltage supply
|DC input voltage||5VDC|
|Cape supplied power on DC||5V @ 2A to BeagleBone|
|DC Power Input|
The BeagleBone Robo Cape uses the following signals:
- SYS_RESETn (A1 only)
- Several GPIO's
Currently firmware loads as virtual capes. This gives the user the freedom of using the EEPROM for there own use.
|Part Number||user programmable|
|System Reference Manual||In progress|
To go back to the cape list, please click BeagleBone Capes