NVIDIA's Jetson TX2 is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) with dual-core NVIDIA Denver2 + quad-core ARM Cortex-A57, 8GB 128-bit LPDDR4 and integrated 256-core Pascal GPU.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning, Jetson TX2 runs Linux and provides greater than 1TFLOPS of FP16 compute performance in less than 7.5 watts of power.
Parallel ForAll — NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Delivers Twice the Intelligence to the Edge
- 1 Jetson TX2 Module
- 2 Jetson TX2 Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Ecosystem Products
- 6 Getting Help
Jetson TX2 Module
The Jetson TX2 module contains all the active processing components. The ports are broken out through a carrier board.
Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Jetson TX2 Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- dual-core NVIDIA Denver2 + quad-core ARM Cortex-A57
- 256-core Pascal GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4, 128-bit interface
- 32GB eMMC
- 4kp60 H.264/H.265 encoder & decoder
- Dual ISPs (Image Signal Processors)
- 1.4 gigapixel/sec MIPI CSI camera ingest
Ports & Peripherals
- HDMI 2.0
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 867Mbps WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB3, USB2
- 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
- 12 lanes MIPI CSI 2.0, 2.5 Gb/sec per lane
- PCIe gen 2.0, 1×4 + 1×1 or 2×1 + 1×2
- SATA, SDcard
- dual CAN bus
- UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, GPIOs
- 400-pin Samtec board-to-board connector
- dimensions: 50x87mm (1.96" x 3.42")
- Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP), -25C to 80C operating temperature
- mass: 85 grams, including TTP
- 5.5-19.6VDC input power (consuming 7.5W under typical load)
Jetson TX2 Developer Kit
The Jetson TX2 Developer Kit bundles together all the parts to get started, including:
- mini-ITX Reference carrier board
- Jetson TX2 Module
- fan and heatsink (pre-assembled)
- 5MP CSI camera module (with Omnivision OV5693)
- WiFi/BT antennas
- USB OTG adapter
- 19VDC Power brick
- AC Power cable
The design files for the reference carrier board and camera module are freely available for download.
- Get the latest development software for PC and TX1 by using JetPack.
- Plug in an HDMI display into Jetson, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse, and apply power to boot it up. (User Guide)
- Visit the Embedded Developer Zone and Jetson TX2 Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
- The devkit is available through NVIDIA's Jetson TX2 Developer Kit webpage.
- The individual module is available through NVIDIA's Jetson TX2 Module webpage.
- Alternatively, use the Region Selector to find distributors of the devkit in your region.
- There's also an Academic Discount available for those affiliated with an educational organization.
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for the Jetson TX1 module and devkit.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- DevKit Carrier Spec design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- DevKit CAD Models 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, heatsink, camera board, and module.
- Camera Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit MIPI CSI-2 camera module.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- TX1/TX2 Migration guide to porting applications and hardware between Jetson TX1 and TX2
- Battery Charger Guide document for the design of battery charger
- L4T Kernel Docs documentation for L4T kernel developers (including V4L2/camera drivers).
- Multimedia API Reference documentation to Argus camera API and V4L2 media codecs
- Accelerated GStreamer Guide example gstreamer pipelines for accessing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec.
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Downloads Center at Embedded Developer Zone for the full list that's currently available.
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson.
Please see Jetson TX1 Wiki for similar entries that also apply to TX2.
- NVIDIA Two Days to a Demo (DIGITS/TensorRT)
- Caffe (BVLC Model Zoo)
- Caffe2 (github.com/caffe2)
- TensorFlow install procedure (pip wheel)
- TensorFlow post (JetsonHacks)
- Torch7 install script
- pyTorch install script
- dusty-nv's Jetson GitHub jetson-inference jetson-reinforcement
- jetson-inference-gv GigEVision / RTP streaming video (Ross Newman)
- jetson-inference-cards playing card recognition by S4WRXTTCS
The following are 3rd-party carriers, enclosures, drones, and accessories available for Jetson TX2.
Please see additional backwards-compatible Ecosystem Products for TX1.
- Aetina N620 nano-ITX carrier
- Auvidea J20 6-camera module
- Auvidea J100 carrier
- Auvidea J106 carrier (6 camera)
- Auvidea J120 carrier
- Auvidea J130 carrier (4K input)
- Auvidea J140 dual-GbE carrier
- Auvidea J150 OpenGear blade
- Auvidea J200 carrier
- ConnectTech Sprocket carrier
- ConnectTech Orbitty carrier
- ConnectTech Spacely carrier
- ConnectTech Cogswell carrier
- ConnectTech Rosie enclosure
- ConnectTech Elroy carrier
- ConnectTech Rudi enclosure
- ConnectTech Astro carrier
- ConnectTech 3U VPX card
- RidgeRun GStreamer and Multimedia Solutions
- e-con Systems 13MP AR1335 MIPI Jetson TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 3.4 MP AF AR0330 MIPI Jetson TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 13MP AR1820 MIPI Jetson TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 3.4 MP AR0330 MIPI Jetson TX2 Camera
If you have a technical question or bug report, please visit the DevTalk Developer Forums and search or start a topic.
We summarize some useful topics in http://elinux.org/Jetson_TX2/TX2_Issue page.