The ARM920T and ARM922T hard macrocells are suitable for a wide range of platform OS based applications. Based around the high performance ARM9TDMI 32-bit RISC CPU, the ARM920T and ARM922T processors feature instruction and data caches, memory management unit (MMU) enabling support for all major operating systems (OS), AMBA® bus-compliant interfaces, and support for ARM's real-time trace technology with the optional ETM9TM Embedded Trace Macrocell. The ARM922T is identical to the ARM920T but has 8K/8K caches while the ARM920T has 16K/16K caches.
The ARM922T processor is available via the ARM Foundry Program.
- Next generation smart phones, communicators & PDA's
- 3G baseband and applications processor
- Platform OS based devices
- Digital still camera
- Audio & video decoding
- Automotive infotainment
- Set top box
- 32/16-bit RISC architecture (ARMv4T)
- 32-bit ARM instruction set for maximum performance and flexibility
- 16-bit Thumb instruction set for increased code density
- MMU which supports operating systems including Symbian OS, Windows CE, Linux & Palm OS
- Instruction and data caches: ARM920T = 16K/16K, ARM922T 8K/8K
- Industry standard AMBA bus interface
- ETM interface for real-time trace capability with ETM9