Here is a page full of links to various Google and Android community resources.
- http://developer.android.com/ - site mainly for application developers
- http://source.android.com/ - site devoted to source code management
- Brian Swetland - One of the main Google kernel developers for Android.
- Benno - has a blog, provides busybox binary (V.P. of Engineering at Open Kernel Labs)
- JesusFreke - makes custom system images
- JesusFreke's Blog (with release anouncements)
- Haykuro - makes custom system images
- Haykuro's site (blog, info)
- Brandorr (Brian Gupta) - author of FAQ at Android-DLs
- TheDudeOfLife - makes custom system images
- Others on xda-developers: xmoo, Stericson, dapro, marcusmaximus, manup456
- XDA Developers Dream Android Development forum - lots of good discussion about ROMS and Android system development
- here is the thread on XDA-developers for upgrading a G1/ADP1 to a firmware image with the new "Hero" or Sense user interface, from HTC:
- HTC - G1/ADP1 (aka 'Dream')
- http://www.talkandroid.com/ - app news?
- http://androidguys.com/ - app and device news?
- http://www.androidcentral.com/ - app news?
- http://www.android-internals.org/index.php?title=Main_Page - Android-internals wiki (5 pages on May 14, 2009)
- http://android.comyr.com/index.php/Main_Page - another Android wiki, not developer-oriented (9 pages on May 14, 2009)
- Official Android Wiki - there are lots of pages (>100) for apps, a few on system information, but I didn't see much system developer information