Revision as of 01:13, 1 May 2009 by Dirk (Add some ARM ports)
This page has links to news about the Android platform
Android News Portals
The Open Embedded Software Foundation (OESF) is an Android Consortium formed in Japan in February, 2009. It included 23 companies at startup, and has the support of Google.
- Cupcake (Android version 1.5) released
- Android 1.5 'Cupcake' starts arriving on G1s ComputerWorld, April 30, 2009
- Android 1.5 firmware available LWN.net, April 27, 2009
- HTC (the manufacturer of the Android Dev Phone) has posted a set of Android 1.5 images for the ADP1. There's also reasonably straightforward instructions on flashing those images into a phone
- Android ported to MIPS Linuxdevices, April 2009
- Embedded Alley has ported Android to the Alchemy MIPS processor.
- Android ported to various ARM processors (ARM9, ARM11 and Cortex-A8 based). Including e.g. OSK board, Nokia N800, Nokia N810, BeagleBoard and Gumstix Overo board.
- Samsung phone
- Samsung's Android phone to launch in Germany Linuxdevices, April 2009
- T-mobile ships more than 1 million G1 phones
- T-Mobile sells a million Android phones Linuxdevices, April 2009