Revision as of 10:53, 24 November 2009 by Tim Bird (→Porting Issues: add link to Dalvik porting guide)
This page describes various effort to port Android to new boards and new processors
- Porting Android to a new Device - excellent and thorough paper on porting Android to the Nokia N810.
- Has a detailed list of kernel changes and annotated diffs.
- Android on OMAP - excellent tutorial covering lots of different issues for porting Android to platforms based on the TI OMAP (ARM) processor
- Some cursory notes on a port to a PXA board are at: http://letsgoustc.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!89AD27DFB5E249BA!320.entry
- Matt Porter (Mentor Graphics) gave a presentation on difficulties encountered while they were porting Android to MIPS and PPC processors at ELC Europe 2009. His talk was called "Mythbusters: Android" and has lots of good information.
Porting to New Processors
- Mentor Graphics has ported Android to MIPS and PPC
- Power.Org supported the work to port Android to PPC
- Nina Wilner talked about this work, and gave a demo at ELC Europe 2009
- see Android_On_Power.pdf