Here are some "getting started" tutorials for Android and Android development:
- Simple HOWTO building some linux apps and libraries from scratch on android
- Contains instructions for building add-ons like busybox, jupp (text editor), libFLAC, xvid, nmap and dropbear
- From Unboxing Panda to Building and Loading an App
- Contains instructions for unboxing Panda, the hardware needed, where to get a pre-built Panda build, how to program it, how to install the Android tools and how to build and install the app on Panda. Also includes a link to the demo app, "DisableSuspend." This tutorial features builds from http://www.linaro.org, an industry consortium for improving ARM upstream support. It contains every step needed in one place.
YouTube AndroidDevelopers channel
There are numerous videos (including tutorials) at the Android Developers channel on YouTube.
Karim Yaghmour presentations
- Android Internals - Karim's presentations at Android Builders Summit 2011
- Porting Android to New Hardware - Karim's presentations at Android Builders Summit 2011
- Android For Embedded Linux Developers - Karim's presentation at AnDevCon 2011
- Understanding the Android System Server - Karim's presentation at AnDevCon 2011
Michael Haim presentations
Also, Michael Haim has produced a large number of useful presentations about Android topics. These are available at: http://www.abelski.com/
You need to create an account to use these resources, but they are free for personal and academic use.
There are presenations available in the following categories:
- Android Fundamentals
- Android Workshops
- App Widgets Development
- Effective Programming
- Android Testing
- The Android Internals