Difference between revisions of "Android boot time improvements"
(add proposal page)
Revision as of 08:39, 3 October 2013
- Android boot time improvements
- Artemi Ivanov
Android boot time could be dramatically improved by leveraging checkpoints/snapshots approaches (might be sufficient for variety of products/use cases), on the other side it would be great to study deeper if Android cold boot speed could be improved, at least for automotive/IVI scenarios (get display/video/audio enabled early)
- 0xlab survey - Shorten Device Boot Time for Automotive IVI and
Navigation Systems; Implement Checkpointing for Android; Android Boot Time Optimization
- CELF Boot time page - http://elinux.org/Boot_Time
- Leverage most powerful hw platforms (multicore Cortex-A15 SOCs, fast
- Get max of what could be optimized at bootcode/kernel level (this
could be done in a week or so - using boottime cook books)
- Try to get Android booting to UI/video/audio in a couple of seconds
range (i.e. custom/automotive-focused use-case)...
- Compare results with snapshots/checkpoints implementation
Efforts: 6-8 weeks