BeagleBoard.org 2014 Google Summer of Code Projects
- Status reports: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/beagleboard-gsoc
- Live chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=beagle-gsoc
- Melange: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2014/beagle
Project: Android Remote Display
- Student: Praveen Kumar Pendyala ()
- Mentors: Vladimir Pantelic
- Student: Kumar Abhishek (Abhishek_)
- Mentors: Matt Ranostay, Hunyue Yau
- Student: Victor Mayoral Vilches (vmayoral)
- Mentors: Andrew Tridgell, Hunyue Yau, Luis Gustavo Lira
I'm going to develop a new platform for creating beagleboard interactive tutorials.This platform will be develop and design in an interactive way allowing users to easily create tutorials. The platform will allow all type of users to create interactive tutorials for sharing with the beagleboard community. The difference between other platform will be that this platform will allow the user to run the code if they have a board. This is a great advantage allowing user to run the tutorials live.
- Student: Diego Turcios (DiegoTc)
- Mentors: Jason Kridner, Steve French, David Scheltema and Jongseuk Lee
- Code: https://github.com/DiegoTc/bone101
- Melange: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/diegoturcios/5750085036015616
Project: MMC and DMA Linux performance
Improving performance of MMC driver by understanding issues, improving MMC, DMA drivers and eliminating bottlenecks. A good amount of performance improvement in these drivers of Linux Kernel is possible just by identifying what's going on in hot paths and how things can be done more simply, without breaking anything else. Intelligent buffer allocation and reducing overhead where possible in dependent components such as DMA would be involved.
- Student: Saket Sinha (disdi)
- Mentors: Joel Fernandes, Greg Kroah-Hartman
- Melange: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/disdi/5878405773918208
Developing the PyBBIO library to include an SPI Library, Library for interfacing a camera and various sensors such as pressure sensor etc. Adding C extension to Python system calls to make the code run faster. Interfacing a BLE module and an example code to but sensor values on Xively's feed.
- Student: Rekha Seethamraju (rseethamraju)
- Mentors: Alex Hiam, Steve French
- Melange: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/rseetham/5757334940811264
Project: BotSpeak PRU Firmware
Developing a remoteproc firmware which will allow high level languages to access PRU (programmable real time unit) functionality on the Beaglebone Black via remote procedure calls. The firmware on the PRU will support a small interpreter which can receive code fragments from the client language and execute them in a loop. The scripting language is similar to Chris Rogers' BotSpeak. Developing this library will allow language independent runtime control over the PRU.
- Student: Deepak Karki (karki)
- Mentors: Pantelis Antoniou, Hunyue Yau, Jason Kridner, Alex Hiam
- Melange: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/deepak_karki/5700735861784576