Board and Chip Vendors
This page has a list of the companies or organizations that make processors or boards for embedded products. If you are looking for companies who sell Linux software or Linux-related services, see the Vendors page. If you are looking for companies who sell end-user products based on Linux, see Companies. If you are looking for information about specific development boards, see Category:Development Boards
- Allwinner Technology - An arm soc vendor based in Zhuhai, China
- make low cost arm soc for consumer electronic products, such as A1x.
- AMCC - Applied Micro Circuits Corporation
- makes embedded PowerPC processors??
- acquired ATI and now produces MIPS-based embedded processors (Xilleon series)
- Also, used to make Geode chip
- Analog Devices - Wikipedia entry
- ARM - Wikipedia entry
- affordable ARM boards (Freescale i.MX + Xilinx Spartan FPGA)
- Armadeus started as a community project
- Atmel - Wikipedia entry
- Armkits Embest
- Bluetechnix makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- Boundary Devices
- manufacturers of ARM based Single Board Computers and System on Modules
- does custom board and device work.
- Broadcom - makes ARM chips for mobile phone market
- CALAO Systems sells tiny and cheap ARM based boards
- Cambridge Signal Processing makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- C Data Solutions makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- Cirrus Logic - Wikipedia entry
- Cirrus Logic makes ep93xx and ep73xx 32-bit ARM-based Microcontrollers
- EFlag Tech does custom Blackfin platform designs (software and hardware)
- eInfochips - The Solution People Open-RD based platform
- electronics.cat Open source hardware. Fastest and tidiest way prototyping electronics. It can be connected to Raspberry Pi 3Bpi
- Elphel, Inc provide high performance Network Cameras based on Free Software and Hardware designs. Axis EtraxFS & Spartan 3e 1200k gates FPGA.
- Embest sells Atmel SAM9G45 based SBC6845, TI OMAP3530 based DevKit8000, DM3730 based DevKit8500D, AM3359 based DevKit8600, AM1808 based SBC8018, Freescale i.MX 6Quad based SABRE Lite, NXP LPC1788 based SBC1788 and Discover-MO:) modules for STF32F4DISCOVERY board.
- Freescale Semiconductor - Wikipedia entry
- Freescale makes the MX31 ARM11-based processor (and associated development boards), among others.
- Freescale makes several PPC-based processors (and associated development boards) as well.
- Gumstix sells various very small processor and add-on boards. Especially interesting for robotics related projects.
- HITEG LTD does custom embedded board ,it focused on IT outsourcing and embedded technology(software and hardware)
- Hua Heng Tech does custom Blackfin platform designs (software and hardware)
- HV Sistemas S.L. makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- Marvell sells a lot of ARM chips.
- MYIR sells various ARM development boards, CPU modules and single board computers.
- MYD-AM335X TI AM335x Development Board
- MYD-IMX28X Freescale i.MX28 Development Board
- MYD-SAMA5D3X Atmel SAMA5D3 Development Board
- MYC-SAMA5D3X Atmel SAMA5D3 CPU Module
- MYD-SAM9X5 Atmel SAM9X5 Development Board
- MYC-SAM9X5 Atmel SAM9X5 CPU Module
- MYD-SAM9X5-V2 Atmel SAM9X5 Development Board
- MYC-SAM9X5-V2 Atmel SAM9X5 CPU Module
- NEC - makes ARM chips, used to make lots of MIPS chips
- NVIDIA - Wikipedia entry
- Qualcomm - makes multicore ARM MSM products that support Linux
- Their Snapdragon platform provides a 1GHz ARM core and advanced DSP.
- Renesas Technology - Wikipedia entry
- Renesas makes the SuperH, M32R, and H8 RISC CPUs, the RX CISC CPUs, and others.
- Samsung Electronics makes the S3C24XX(ARM 9), S3C64XX(ARM 11), S5P64XX(ARM 11), S5PC100(Cortex A8), S5PV210/S5PC110(Cortex A8), EXYNOS4210(Cortex A9) SoCs and others.
- See more Samsung Application Processors
- SiRF - Makes besides GPS products also ARM based SoC for location aware devices, like the ARM9 based Atlas III (codename) at4x0a and the ARM11 based SiRFPrima.
- ST-Ericsson make mobile platforms for handset form factors and similar, typically ARM based with cellular modems.
- Sunplus is a company specialising in chips for multimedia and mobile applications. One of their interesting chips is the Sunplus SPMP3050A which is used in MP4 players.
- Surveyor Corporation makes Blackfin based robot modules for academics, hobbyists, and professionals
- Sell the tiny Package -- Computer In Package base on TI OMAP35x/AM3517/omap4430/omap4460/dm3730/am3359
- Reference Design and customized HW/SW Design Based on TI OMAP35x/AM3517
- Expandable and fully customizable ARM system modules and interface boards
- Embedded x86 boards with coreboot and linux core extensions
- Texas Instruments - Wikipedia entry