Buildroot Developers Meeting, 3-4 November 2012, Barcelona Spain
What is Buildroot ?
Buildroot is a set of Makefiles and patches that makes it easy to generate a complete embedded Linux system. Buildroot can generate any or all of a cross-compilation toolchain, a root filesystem, a kernel image and a bootloader image. Buildroot is useful mainly for people working with small or embedded systems, using various CPU architectures (x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.) : it automates the building process of your embedded system and eases the cross-compilation process.
Meeting in Barcelona
The Buildroot community is organizing a meeting on November 3rd and November 4th, for Buildroot developers and contributors. This meeting will be a mixture of discussion and hacking session around the Buildroot project.
- Arnout Vandecapelle, confirmed
- Thomas Petazzoni, confirmed. Arriving on November, 3th at BCN airport 9:25 AM. Leaving on November 8th from BCN airport at 3:45 PM.
- Maxime Ripard, to be confirmed
- Peter Korsgaard, confirmed
- Luca Ceresoli
- Samuel Martin
Please contact Thomas Petazzoni (email@example.com) if you would like to attend.
Attending the event is free, but registration is required.
List of topics to discuss
- Interaction between Buildroot configuration options to select architecture specifities (architecture variant, soft-float vs. hard-float, etc.) and the multilib variants available in external toolchains. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Status on the community organization. Has patchwork improved things? Are patches taken into account in a faster way? Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- What are the next "big" things for Buildroot? Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.