Buildroot Developers Meeting, 3-4 November 2012, Barcelona Spain
What is Buildroot ?
Buildroot is a set of Makefiles and patches that makes it easy to generate a complete embedded Linux system. Buildroot can generate any or all of a cross-compilation toolchain, a root filesystem, a kernel image and a bootloader image. Buildroot is useful mainly for people working with small or embedded systems, using various CPU architectures (x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.) : it automates the building process of your embedded system and eases the cross-compilation process.
Meeting in Barcelona
The Buildroot community is organizing a meeting on Saturday November 3rd and Sunday November 4th, for Buildroot developers and contributors. This meeting will be a mixture of discussion and hacking session around the Buildroot project. This meeting takes place right before the Embedded Linux Conference Europe, in order to make it easy for participants to attend both events.
- Arnout Vandecapelle, confirmed
- Thomas Petazzoni, confirmed. Arriving on November, 3th at BCN airport 9:25 AM. Leaving on November 8th from BCN airport at 3:45 PM.
- Maxime Ripard, to be confirmed
- Peter Korsgaard, confirmed
- Luca Ceresoli
- Samuel Martin
Please contact Thomas Petazzoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to attend.
Attending the event is free, but registration is required.
List of topics to discuss
- Interaction between Buildroot configuration options to select architecture specifities (architecture variant, soft-float vs. hard-float, etc.) and the multilib variants available in external toolchains. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Status on the community organization. Has patchwork improved things? Are patches taken into account in a faster way? Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- What are the next "big" things for Buildroot? Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.