Buildroot Developers Meeting, 3-4 November 2012, Barcelona Spain
What is Buildroot ?
Buildroot is a set of Makefiles and patches that makes it easy to generate a complete embedded Linux system. Buildroot can generate any or all of a cross-compilation toolchain, a root filesystem, a kernel image and a bootloader image. Buildroot is useful mainly for people working with small or embedded systems, using various CPU architectures (x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.) : it automates the building process of your embedded system and eases the cross-compilation process.
Meeting in Barcelona
The Buildroot community is organizing a meeting on Saturday November 3rd and Sunday November 4th, for Buildroot developers and contributors. This meeting will be a mixture of discussion and hacking session around the Buildroot project. This meeting takes place right before the Embedded Linux Conference Europe, in order to make it easy for participants to attend both events.
Event sponsored by Fluendo and Synopsys
The meeting room is sponsored by Fluendo. Thanks!
The saturday dinner is sponsored by Synopsys. Thanks!
- Arnout Vandecappelle, confirmed. Arriving on Fri Nov 2 20:35 at BCN airport. Leaving Wed Nov. 8 21:15 at BCN. Staying at HCC Lugano
- Thomas Petazzoni, confirmed. Arriving on November, 3rd at BCN airport 9:25 AM. Leaving on November 8th from BCN airport at 3:45 PM. Staying at Hotel Fira Palace.
- Maxime Ripard, confirmed. Arriving on November, 1st at BCN airport. Leaving on November 8th from BCP airport at 3:45 PM. Staying at Hotel Fira Palace.
- Peter Korsgaard, confirmed, Arriving on Fri Nov 2 21:55 at BCN airport. Leaving Sun Nov 11 17:15 at BCN. Staying at HCC Lugano
- Luca Ceresoli, confirmed.
- Samuel Martin, confirmed. Arriving on November, 3rd at Barcelona-Franca Train Station 8:05 AM. Leaving on November 10th from Barcelona-Franca Train Station at 8:43 PM.
- Simon Dawson, confirmed. Arriving on November 2nd in the evening. Leaving on November 8th early morning.
- Mischa Jonker, confirmed. From Synopsys.com. Not contributing yet to Buildroot, but interested in using Buildroot for a brand new CPU architecture.
- Maxime Hadjinlian.
Please contact Thomas Petazzoni (email@example.com) if you would like to attend.
Attending the event is free, but registration is required.
- Saturday, 10 AM: beginning of the meeting. The first person to arrive can go directly to the front desk and ask for MARIBEL SOCIAS or anyone in the Reservations Department, and then ask for the meeting room booked for Thomas Petazzoni. Thomas Petazzoni will only arrive at 10:30-11 AM.
- Saturday, 7 PM: end of the meeting
- Saturday, 8:30 PM: dinner sponsored by Synopsys
- Sunday, 10 AM: beginning of the meeting
- Sunday, 7 PM: end of the meeting
The event will take place at Hotel Grumps, in downtown Barcelona. See this map for the location of the hotel, and this map for walking directions between the Fira Palace hotel (location of the ELCE conference) and Hotel Grums.
List of topics to discuss
- Interaction between Buildroot configuration options to select architecture specifities (architecture variant, soft-float vs. hard-float, etc.) and the multilib variants available in external toolchains. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Status on the community organization. Has patchwork improved things? Are patches taken into account in a faster way? Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- What are the next "big" things for Buildroot? Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Documentation refactoring? Proposed by Samuel Martin.
- Autobuilder tests: needed improvements, future work. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- The _AVAILABLE mechanism, and how to properly handle dependency on toolchain options (discuss the proposal made by Yann E. Morin). Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
List of topics to hack on
- Reduce the back log of bugs. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Reduce the back log of patches. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Work on noMMU platform support (Blackfin, Coldfire). Getting Coldfire Qemu working, adding correct support for FLAT binaries. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.
- Package upgrades: package python3, gtk3 and latest versions of glib and al. Proposed by User:ThomasPetazzoni.