- 1 Buildroot Developers Meeting, 3-4 February 2014, Brussels
Buildroot Developers Meeting, 3-4 February 2014, Brussels
What is Buildroot ?
Buildroot is a set of Makefiles and patches that makes it easy to generate a complete embedded Linux system. Buildroot can generate any or all of a cross-compilation toolchain, a root filesystem, a kernel image and a bootloader image. Buildroot is useful mainly for people working with small or embedded systems, using various CPU architectures (x86, ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.) : it automates the building process of your embedded system and eases the cross-compilation process.
Thanks to our sponsor GoogleGoogle, who will be providing the meeting location, with Internet connection, but also free lunch and refreshments for the meeting participants. Thanks Google!
It is worth noting that Google is sponsoring due to their usage of Buildroot to build embedded Linux systems for embedded devices used in the Google Fiber project. The source code of their modified Buildroot is available at .
Location and date
The Buildroot community is organizing a meeting on Monday February 3rd 2014 and Tuesday Feburary 4th 2014, for Buildroot developers and contributors. This meeting will be a mixture of discussion and hacking session around the Buildroot project. This meeting takes place right after the FOSDEM, in order to make it easy for participants to attend both events.
Note that it is not mandatory to attend both days. It is expected that the first day will be mostly dedicated to discussion, while the second day will be mostly dedicated to hacking.
The meeting will take place in Google Brussels offices, located Chaussée d'Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussels. See http://goo.gl/maps/ZVAGJ for a map of the area.
- Thomas Petazzoni, confirmed.
- Yann E. MORIN, confirmed.
- Thomas De Schampheleire, confirmed.
- Peter Korsgaard, confirmed
- Samuel Martin, confirmed.
- Maxime Hadjinlian, confirmed
- Jérémy Rosen, confirmed
- Ryan Barnett, confirmed.
- Arnout Vandecappelle, confirmed.
- Alexander Lukichev
Please contact Thomas Petazzoni (email@example.com) if you would like to attend.
Attending the event is free, but registration is required.
Note that the event is mainly intended for Buildroot developers and contributors, or advanced users willing to contribute more or to share about their use case for Buildroot.
List of topics to discuss
Topics for the discussion day (Monday 2014-02-03)
- BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB refactoring
- validate suggested meaning of Acked-by/Tested-by/Reviewed-by for good so it can be added to the manual
- How to create a chain of trust for the verification hashes (Yann).
- Discuss SystemV/Systemd init script (Maxime).
- Major patch sets remaining to be included
- Discuss state of 'parallel' patchset of Fabio Porcedda
Topics for the hackaton day (Tuesday 2014-02-04)
- autobuild fix marathon
- expand autobuild framework so it can easily be used by more users