The Cr-48 is the test notebook Google designed for the Pilot program. It's the first of its kind.
It's ready when you are, booting in about 10 seconds and resuming from sleep instantly. There’s built-in Wi-Fi and 3G, so you can stay connected everywhere, and a webcam for video chat. The vibrant 12-inch LCD display, full-size keyboard and oversized touchpad let you enjoy the web comfortably. And at just 3.8 pounds with over eight hours of active usage and a week of standby time, it’s easy to take along for the ride.
What did we leave out? Spinning disks, caps-lock key, function keys, and lap burns.
The Cr-48 is available exclusively to participants in the Pilot program.
The pilot program is available at: http://www.google.com/chromeos/pilot-program.html
- Processor: Intel Atom Processor N455 1.66GHz 512K Cache
- Chipset: Intel CG82NM10 PCH
- Motherboard: Tripod Motherboard MARIO – 6050A240910 – MB – A03
- Ram: Hynix 2GB DDR3 1Rx8 PC3 – 10600S Ram
- Read Only Memory: ITE IT8500E Flash ROM
- SSD Drive: SanDisk sdsa4dh-016G 16GB SATA SSD
- Wireless Wan: Qualcomm Gobi2000 PCI Express Mini Card
- 3g Adapter: AzureWave 802.11 a/b/g/n PCI-E Half MiniCard
- Bluetooth: Atheros AR5BBU12 Bluetooth V2.1 EDR
- Integrated Webcam:
- Display: 12.1 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1,280X800 pixels
- Keyboard: 74 keys
- Pointing device: Track-pad (Multi-touch)
- 1 USB (right side)
- 1 SD (right side)
- 1 3.5mm headphone jack (right side)
- 1 Power jack (right side)
- 1 VGA (left side)
- Make the /mnt/stateful partition exec friendly
- Install a VNC viewer
- Install locate
- Install the Nano text editor
- Root the CR48