The BeagleBone Battery Cape provides a portable power solution for BeagleBone boards and its capes. This cape provides 5V power supply to the BeagleBone using 4 Lithium AA battery cells. Power will be provided to BeagleBone’s VDD_5V power rail as soon as battery cells are installed. The BeagleBone Battery Cape is also equipped with a power switch, a power indicator LED, and an EEPROM for muxing configuration.
Note: The low battery output LBO signal (mapped to GPIO1_16) and voltage level analog input AIN4 are not supported by the current software.
- A BeagleBone Battery Cape
- A BeagleBone
- 4 AA Lithium battery cells
Following the instructions below to start using your BeagleBone Battery Cape:
- Mount the Battery Cape on the BeagleBone.
- Install 4 AA Lithium battery cells to the battery holders. Each holder should only hold one cell.
- As soon as battery cells are installed, the BeagleBone will power on.
- Note: Due to holder configuration, BeagleBone will power on as soon as two battery cells on one wing are installed. This is normal. You can keep installing battery cells on the other wing
- The Power LED on the Battery Cape and BeagleBone should be lit.
You can start using your BeagleBone.
Followings are some specifications of the BeagleBone Battery Cape:
|Power||3.0V via Lithium battery cells|
|Holders||4 AA battery holders|
|Connectors||Two 46-position connectors|
|One 10-position connector|
|Size||3.55" x 3.40"|
The BeagleBone Battery Cape uses 8 signals including:
|Board Name||BeagleBone Battery Cape|
- Boardzoo (USA)
- Arrow Electronics (US)
- Digi-Key (USA)
- Mouser Electronics (USA)
- Special Computing (USA)
- Tigal (Austria)
System Reference Manual
BeagleBone Battery Cape Revision A
To download all files at once please click here
To go back to the cape list, please click here