This page provides information about companies that build and sell consumer electronics devices with Linux as their operating system. If you're looking for companies that build and sell Linux distributions for embedded devices or who provide services around embedded Linux, please see the Vendors page.
You may also want to look at the Source code download sites page, which has a list of places to get open source software from different companies.
- ARMadeus Systems
- CALAO Systems
- CompuLab Ltd.
- Crank Software
- Embest provides standard single board computers and custom modules based on different ARM processors from Atmel, Freescale, NXP, Samsung, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments for embedded applications
- Electronic Engineering Solutions
- Elphel, Inc provide high performance Network Cameras based on Free Software and Hardware designs. Axis EtraxFS & Spartan 3e 1200k gates FPGA.
- einfochips - The Solution People
- iCube obscure Chinese company
- [IC1] processor with own MVP instruction set - supposedly an evaluation board is available but no known product based on this processor. Due to instruction set design GPU is not required for graphics and media processing.
- LanMusic: Linux based Internet radio player for Hotels and home users
- Lemote Chinese company selling various products based on the Loongson processor.
- moblin.org - Home of Intel's "Mobile Linux" distribution and tools
- Neuros Technology - Wikipedia entry
- Nokia - Wikipedia entry
- NXP Semiconductors - Wikipedia entry
- Parkhelp: System that helps users locate parking spaces effectively using a system of Linux based embedded guided information
- ProFUSION embedded systems
- Secure Computing - Wikipedia entry
- SnapGear family of products
- Simtec Electronics - Hardware and Software design
- Timll A Chinese company focused on providing standard single board computer and custom modules for ARM embedded applications
- TechnologicSystems at http://embeddedarm.com
- Tk Open Systems BSP's-R-Us, also drivers, even some user-space stuff
- TomTom Wikipedia entry
- Toradex Embedded Computer Modules
Wacom - is a world-wide company that produces graphics tablets and related products. Wacom's OEM sensor technology has been used by many major Tablet PC vendors. A detailed list of Wacom products and their histories can also be found at WikiWacom.
Instructions for submitters
Please add company names in alphabetical order, and follow the existing format. Make a link from your company name to your main web site. If you have a wikipedia entry, please link that as well. If you would like to, you may list a few of your Linux-based products, but please don't go overboard.