This page is a placeholder for Sony's crash_handler program.
This is a new crash_handler written by Tim Bird, of Sony, for use in embedded products.
It is a derivative of Android debuggerd crash-handler and debug aid program, and is licensed under the Apache license.
- Build using your cross-compiler, and place somewhere on your target system
- Install by running the following as root: 'crash_handler install'
- This sets /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern with the correct string
- The crash journal is at: /tmp/crash_journal
- Individual crash reports are in: /tmp/tombstones, and have the names 'tombstone_0x', where x is a number from 0 to 9
Required kernel patches
To discuss this crash handler, use the celinux-dev mailing list. See http://lists.celinuxforum.org/mailman/listinfo/celinux-dev