note these are _not_ the 5200. no HD/PVR functionality in the base model
- cable in
- RF out
- conv in
- conv out
- 2 ieee-1394
- r-l-v in and out
- 1 rs-232
- vga out
- ethernet PCNet
- 2 usb.
- data hs
- ir connector
- smart card
- pcmcia slot. The card located under the mainboard has a legend on it: "DCT5000 PCMCIA Conn".
Includes US power cord, and 8" RF cable, 22 page hookup manual.
- nec vrc5476-83e North Bridge
- nec vr5432 CPU
- Sony [CXD3204 IEEE 1394]
- Sony [CXA2094]
- AMD [79C970AKC Ethernet]
- 2) InTel E28F320J5-120 flash
- 1) InTel TE28F320C3 flash
- 1) AMD [29DL323CB flash]
- Crystal Semi [CS4620] EOL :(
- Crystal Semi [CS4298 Programmer's manual] EOL
- ATI [Rage XL]
- ATI [Rage Theater]
- two RF modules
- Broadcom [BCM3120 Set-Top Box Tranceiver]
- Broadcom [BCM3300 Single Chip DOCSIS Cable Modem]
- Broadcom [7010 SetTop Box Decoder]
- 4) Mitsubishi[M2V64S30BTP RAM]
- 44 pin header. (ide we presume)
- 144 pin SO-DIMM slot. (ram?)
- ALI [M1543 Southbridge/SuperI/O]
- EPCOS [M3654K - 45.75MHz IF splitter] (front board F202)
- Altera [7128S CPLD] (mainboard U41)
- Lattice [M4A3-32/32-10VC CPLD] (mainboard U42 & U37)
- Macronix [MX23L1611 Mask ROM] - [Possible Flash Equivalent]
- Winbond [32 x 8 SRAM]
Or direct links:
Ken McGuire got his on 3/15/2003 and found the following:
- the serial port operates at 38400 baud.
- Hold down the menu and info button, keep holding them while plugging in the box, "boot" will appear (after about 5 seconds of holding) on the display and some stuff will come out the serial port.
- the cursor and channel buttons will cycle through a menu: cold, hunt, disp, n dl, run.
- pressing select at each ot the menu items will do something, and produce data on the RS-232 port.
- there is a reset button inside that does the same as powering on. labelled SW900.
- holding just the menu button during reset gets the "boot" display without any serial port activity.
- the "pcmcia slot" connects to the motherboard via a 24 pin connector J402, so it's probably not true, or complete PCMCIA.
- there is no video out of any of the outputs, VGA, S-VID, video out.
- JTAG comes out to J7, a 10 pin header with half the pins grounded.
- pin-out at: [JTAG pin-out]
- J7 with connector (it's a .050" spacing): [J7conn picture]
Here is what comes out the serial port at boot time:
- DCT5000 Boot ROM v1.17
- Copyright (c) 1999 by General Instrument Corp.
- SUDB 0xBF000004
- 58 00 00 00 53 55 44 42 00 00 11 01 07 00 00 00
- E9 E2 EB E2 01 BC 20 02 74 7B 0B 00 03 10 20 20
- 20 20 20 20 20 20 30 30 30 2E 00 30 00 00 00 00
- 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 BF
- 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 BF
- 00 00 00 00 03 01 CF CA
T0mW found that while holding the INFO button down while powering up, or RESET, it will give a verbose debug of the frequencies it is "hunting" on.
MonMotha got his DCT5000 on 3/19/2003. I haven't done much with it other than take the top off, but I'll update this page as I go. So far I'm just attempting to find some of the missing doc links.
sorphin got both of his DCT-5000's on 3/18/2003, and is doing some digging, also found this link http://18.104.22.168:8000/www.cableboxen.prjct to a page where a guy is working on mapping out how the DCT-2000 and 5000 work.
Here's a list of test points, add to them as they are discovered:
- TP9 (next to the CPU, towards the back): Pin 76 of CPU - Sys Clock
- TP11 (Next to U33): SDRAM Clock
- TP510: Ground
Notes TimRiker "found":
Connect a straight-through serial cable from the COM1 port on the host computer to the RS-232 port on the target system. Make sure that the RS-232 connector is attached to internal connector labelled J800. 9600-8-n-1
Power ON the target board. When it boots, a # prompt appears.
Enter the following commands at the # prompt:
export BOOTFILE=vmlinus export BOOTHOST= export NETADDR= export NETMASK= export BROADCAST= export ETHERHWADDR=
TimRiker is not sure if this is after installing a different ROM or something... Still looking.
Ken McGuire searches through the binary images of Tim's ROM and [the original ROM] and doesn't find any of the above strings. Nothing comes out his DCT5000's J800 on power-up either.
Here's the DOCSIS configuration file of the box:
NetworkAccess = Yes Start ClassOfService ClassID = 1 MaxRateDown = 1500000 MaxRateUp = 128000 PriorityUp = 1 GuaranteedUp = 1280 MaxBurstUp = 0 PrivacyEnable = Yes EndOf ClassOfService MaxCPE = 4