DLNA Open Source Projects
Here is some random information about DLNA open source projects:
UPnP media servers
Here is a list of UPnP media servers for Windows, Linux, MAC and python: (some links obtained from http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/05/upnp-media-servers-for-windows-mac.html)
I only list the open source ones.
- CyberMediaGate (C++) - UPnP A/V Media Server, using cyberlink
- Geexbox (Linux) - LiveCD-based distribution for a stand along media server
- GMediaServer (Linux) -
- MediaTomb (Linux, port to NAS has been reported)
- MythTV - MythTV UPnP A/V Media Server support
- Cidero Internet Radio Server (Java)
- Fuppes (Windows, Linux) - FUPPES is a free multiplatform UPnP (TM) A/V Media Server.
- PyMedS (Python) - Python UPnP Media Server
- OpenPFC - Media device engine
- John Gildred of Pioneer stated: Pioneer published an LGPL implementation of an HD DVR called Digital Library with support for DMS and DMP features. It uses the OpenPFC DTV middleware. It was never put through certification, and it's a bit outdated now.
- GUPnP MediaServer - A Free MediaServer based on GUPnP and Tracker.
DLNA media servers
- Elisa - Cross-platform media center
- Elisa is the default Media Center application for Ubuntu??
- uShare (Linux) - Free UPnP and DLNA Media Server for Linux
- Rygel - GNOME UPnP/DLNA Media Server
UPnP libraries and middleware
- GUPnP - GObject/GLib based UPnP framework
- libupnp - Linux SDK for UPnP Devices
- Originally donated by Intel, this library serves as the foundation for some other projects
- pupnp - A Portable Open Source UPnP Development Kit
- This looks like the successor to libupnp??
- cyberlink for Java (Java) - Development package for UPnP applications
- cyberlink for C (C) - Development package for C UPnP applications
- Cidero - Cidero UPnP Control Point and Bridge Software
DLNA and UPnP libraries and middleware
- libdlna (C) - Reference DLNA open-source implementation for Linux
- coherence (Python) - DLNA/UPnP framework for existing applications
- There's also a good list of projects at: https://coherence.beebits.net/wiki/Resources