EBC Exercise 06 Installing Ubuntu on VirtualBox
Revision as of 17:12, 30 April 2010 by Yoder
Here's some things I learned installing VirtualBox.
- Download from here.
- Install as usual. I made no changes on the Custom Setup page. I got the following message some 9 times. I clicked continue.
- Start VirtualBox. Click New.
- Run the wizard and give your machine a name.
- I used 1024M for the memory size. Make sure your host computer has at least 2 times the real RAM as the virtual machine.
- Select Applications:Accessoris:Terminal from the menu.
- Double click on the file for your machine and click Run in Terminal.
- Install DKMS via
sudo apt-get install dkms
- Install the Guest Additions from here. This will let you use use larger screen resolutions and handles the mouse better.