Difference between revisions of "ECE497 Project Set Playing Beagle"
Revision as of 05:13, 2 May 2011
Team members: Stephen Mayhew, Samuel Allen, Julian Ametsitsi
Using a webcam, a projector, and possibly a microphone, this system will allow the computer to play Set. Set is a card game which involves finding patterns among a 12-card layout. The instructor at this website makes the interesting point that for humans, it is easy to gather information about the cards, but hard to find sets. For computers, it is the opposite: even with a brute force algorithm, it is a trivial matter to find all sets in a layout, but it is difficult to read the cards.
- Decide on final functionality
- Set up a git repository for the project
- Install and test OpenCV on the Beagle
- Learn how to stream video input using OpenCV (or PyGame)
- Finish the Set card recognizer
- Write the game logic
- Bring the system together
- Test the DLPpico projector, get it to communicate with the camera