ECE597 Project Auto HUD
The goal of this project is to use the beagle board to run image recognition on a camera feed located inside a car, and then signaling to the driver via a pico projector various objects of interest.
- Create Minimal Linux Image that can run OpenCV and run the display
- Determine hardware needed for the project
- Work on getting a camera functioning on the beagle board
- OpenCV running nativly on beagle with min config
- OpenCV working on video stream
- Projector working on Beagle
- Car integration (power)
- Algorithm development
Installing OpenCV (Development Machine)
This is a script that will install OpenCV on a debian-based development machine. The script will add the debian testing repositories and install OpenCV and its dependencies. The repositories are then removed to avoid conflicts with existing packages during regular updates.
#!/bin/bash echo "deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main" > /tmp/opencv-temp.list echo "deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main" >> /tmp/opencv-temp.list sudo mv /tmp/opencv-temp.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opencv-temp.list sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -y --allow-unauthenticated libcv4 libcv-dev libhighgui4 libhighgui-dev libcvaux4 libcvaux-dev sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opencv-temp.list sudo apt-get update
Installing OpenCV on the Beagle
Add information from notes here.