ECE597 Software Setup
Revision as of 15:28, 2 March 2010 by Yoder
Here are instructions on how to set up your host computer and BeagleBoard.
Setting up Linux on your host computer
- Give to the community - VMware Workstation
- I need instructions on installing using VMware workstation. Rose students can also get VMware Workstation for free, but they often run out of keys. Do this:
- go to []
- In the middle column click on ROSEportal.
- Click on the VMware Global Education on the top right.
- Give to the community - Virtual Box
- Many are using Virtual Box[]. I need instructions on how to install and use it.
Setting up your BeagleBoard
Things I'm working on
Getting Started Hints
Here are some useful links of getting things going.
- Linux Hints for Beagle[], hints on handling video and USB devices.
- Precompiled Angstrom Distribution[], this is a good starting place to get Linux running on your Beagle. It's all pre-compiled and ready to run. The instructions below will point you to here.
Yoder 15:03, 2 March 2010 (UTC)