Here are instructions on how to set up your host computer and BeagleBoard.
Setting up Linux on your host computer
- ECE597: Installing Ubuntu in VMware Player
||Give to the community: VMware Workstation|
I need instructions on installing using VMware workstation. Rose students can also get VMware Workstation for free, but they often run out of keys. Do this:
- go to []
- In the middle column click on ROSEportal.
- Click on the VMware Global Education on the top right.
||Give to the community: Virtual Box|
Many are using Virtual Box[]. I need instructions on how to install and use it.
||Give to the community: Other Linux distros|
You are welcome to use Linux distributions other Ubuntu. If you do so, I may not be able to help you. Please document what you have to do differently when using your distro so others will benefit.
Setting up your BeagleBoard
Getting your Beagle running
Things I'm working on
Links I'm working on
Getting Started Hints
Here are some useful links of getting things going.
- Linux Hints for Beagle[], hints on handling video and USB devices.
- Precompiled Angstrom Distribution[], this is a good starting place to get Linux running on your Beagle. It's all pre-compiled and ready to run. The instructions below will point you to here.Yoder 15:03, 2 March 2010 (UTC)