ECE597 Software Setup
Here are instructions on how to set up your host computer and BeagleBoard.
Setting up Linux on your host computer
VirtualBox supports hardware virtualization, so ensure it is enabled in your BIOS (most BIOS have it disabled by default). It is probably best to enable this before going any further.
- Mounting dfs/afs in Linux
- Installing The Ångström Distribution for doing software development
- Ångström directory layout
- Modifying the Kernel
- Using bitbake
Setting up your BeagleBoard
Things I'm working on
Getting Started Hints
Here are some useful links of getting things going.
- Linux Hints for Beagle, hints on handling video and USB devices.
- Precompiled Angstrom Distribution, this is a good starting place to get Linux running on your Beagle. It's all pre-compiled and ready to run. The instructions below will point you to here.
--Prof. Yoder 15:26, 4 March 2010 (UTC)