ELCE2008 Editor Contest
The ELC Europe 2008 Editor Contest is a competition, with a prize for the winner, to see which attendee of ELC Europe 2008 can make the "best" edit to the eLinux wiki.
- Create a user account on the eLinux.org wiki
- Add or edit pages on this site
- CELF will decide which user has made the "best" set of edits, and will award a prize to the person making the edits.
The winner will receive, at their option:
- A new Sony Playstation 3 game console
- $500 U.S.
Here are the rules for the contest:
- The contest runs from November 6, 2008 until November 20, 2008 (2 weeks from the start of the conference)
- In order to receive credit for your entries, you must make them as a logged-in user. The user name on the account must be matchable to a registered attendee of the Embedded Linux Conference Europe. Your e-mail address used to register for the conference will be used to notify you in case you are the winner of the contest.
- You may only add material which is allowed by copyright laws. That is, you may write new material or quote material that is copyrighted by someone else, as allowed by fair use. However, you may not copy verbatim materials from another source unless allowed to do so by an appropriate license.
- Entries will by judged by examining the "Recent changes" log for the eLinux wiki, for the contest period. They will be judged by a panel consisting of members of the CE Linux Forum, with Tim Bird as the judging committee Chair.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail no later than December 4, 2008. Delivery of the prize will be arranged with the award-winner at that time. The award-winner will also be announced on the wiki.
The judges will evaluate the edits based on a number of criteria, including:
- the number of edits and/or size of edits
- the originality of the edits or additions
- the quality of the edits, including:
- whether the edits conform to accepted formatting for the wiki
- are grammatically and syntactically correct
- contribute useful information for other embedded Linux developers
I know this is a wiki, but please don't edit this page to change the rules in your favor... :-)