For more interesting projects done by Flameman, be sure to checkout his project index
The board has been made be synergy microsystem as V462 (dual processor) in V460 Series It seems the board+bsp+vxworks has been sold as "EUROCOM 27xxx"
- CPU: dual 33 MHz 68060 processors
- ram: 64 Mbytes, DRAM
- lan: Ethernet
- interface: Graphics, SCSI-2, VME 32/64?
- OS: comes with OS-9, LynxOS, pSOS+, PDOS, VxWorks
- Memory is provided on a piggyback module allowing it to be easily upgraded
- Up to 4 Mbytes of FLASH
- Supports ELTEC's LEB mezzanine bus
is this system (hw-2x68060/vxworks)s.m.p. or a.m.p. ?
- a.m.p. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_multiprocessing
- s.m.p. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric_multiprocessing
- n.u.m.a. there is also an other working schema, called "numa", seeFlameman/numa, useful with a great amount of cpu (cpu >> 8)
it seems that the dual-CPU V460 is featuring a symmetrical architecture allowing the two 68060 CPUs to operate as either tightly-coupled coprocessors sharing the same operating system and peripherals or as two independent CPUs running separate operating systems across separate I/O channels.
If this info is right it should be possible to assign different interrupt level schemes to each CPU via a programmable interrupt control register. In all of these possible arrangements, the dual CPU V460 Series can provide full multi-ported memory access by both CPUs, the VMEbus, and both EZ-bus modules with varying levels of memory protection as required.
V460 model (50 MHz, 8 MB RAM)
- +5.0v ±5% = 6.4 amps (typical)
- -12.0v ±5% = 30 mA
VMEbus connector pinouts VMEbus P1 VMEbus P2
Pin Row A Row B Row C Pin Row A * Row B Row C** 1 D00 BBsy\ D08 1 P4 - pin B32 +5v P4 - pin A32 2 D01 BClr\ D09 2 P4 - pin B31 Gnd P4 - pin A31 3 D02 ACFail\ D10 3 P4 - pin B30 reserved P4 - pin A30 4 D03 BG0In\ D11 4 P4 - pin B29 A24 P4 - pin A29 5 D04 BG0Out\ D12 5 P4 - pin B28 A25 P4 - pin A28 6 D05 BG1In\ D13 6 P4 - pin B27 A26 P4 - pin A27 7 D06 BG1Out\ D14 7 P4 - pin B26 A27 P4 - pin A26 8 D07 BG2In\ D15 8 P4 - pin B25 A28 P4 - pin A25 9 Gnd BG2Out\ Gnd 9 P4 - pin B24 A29 P4 - pin A24 10 SysClk BG3In\ Sysfail\ 10 P4 - pin B23 A30 P4 - pin A23 11 Gnd BG3Out\ BErr\ 11 P4 - pin B22 A31 P4 - pin A22 12 DS1\ BR0\ SysRes\ 12 P4 - pin B21 Gnd P4 - pin A21 13 DS0\ BR1\ LWord\ 13 P4 - pin B20 +5v P4 - pin A20 14 Write\ BR2\ AM5 14 P4 - pin B19 D16 P4 - pin A19 15 Gnd BR3\ A23 15 P4 - pin B18 D17 P4 - pin A18 16 DTAck\ AM0 A22 16 P4 - pin B17 D18 P4 - pin A17 17 Gnd AM1 A21 17 P4 - pin B16 D19 P4 - pin A16 18 AS\ AM2 A20 18 P4 - pin B15 D20 P4 - pin A15 19 Gnd AM3 A19 19 P4 - pin B14 D21 P4 - pin A14 20 IAck\ Gnd A18 20 P4 - pin B13 D22 P4 - pin A13 21 IAckIn\ SerClk(1) A17 21 P4 - pin B12 D23 P4 - pin A12 22 IAckOut\ SerDat\(1) A16 22 P4 - pin B11 Gnd P4 - pin A11 23 AM4 Gnd A15 23 P4 - pin B10 D24 P4 - pin A10 24 A07 IRQ7\ A14 24 P4 - pin B9 D25 P4 - pin A9 25 A06 IRQ6\ A13 25 P4 - pin B8 D26 P4 - pin A8 26 A05 IRQ5\ A12 26 P4 - pin B7 D27 P4 - pin A7 27 A04 IRQ4\ A11 27 P4 - pin B6 D28 P4 - pin A6 28 A03 IRQ3\ A10 28 P4 - pin B5 D29 P4 - pin A5 29 A02 IRQ2\ A09 29 P4 - pin B4 D30 P4 - pin A4 30 A01 IRQ1\ A08 30 P4 - pin B3 D31 P4 - pin A3 31 -12v +5vStdby +12v 31 P4 - pin B2 Gnd P4 - pin A2 32 +5v +5v +5v 32 P4 - pin B1 +5v P4 - pin A1
Notes: * This row of pins on P2 connect to the pin listed in row B of the EZ-bus connector (P4).
** This row of pins on P2 connect to the pin listed in row A of the EZ-bus connector (P4).
Pin row B of the P2 backplane is defined by VMEbus specifications and is bussed across the entire backplane. Pin rows A and C are user configured and, if con– nected at all, are normally connected to adjacent slots via wirewrap or special ca- bles. Because the P2 pinout may vary between backplanes or even slots in the same backplane, DO NOT INSTALL the V460 Series into a system slot whose P2 backplane is not compatible with the V460 Series’ P2 pin-out. Failure to observe this warning can cause the complete destruction of many on-board components and also voids the product warranty. The V460 Series pin-out meets standard VME specifications for row B, but rows A and C will vary according to the EZ-bus daughter module installed. Daughter board pinouts are shown in the associated daughter module manual. If no daughter module is present, P2 back- plane rows A and C are defined as no- connects. For a complete list of the V460 Series P2 assignments, see the VMEbus connectors (P1-P2) chapter in Section 7.
On V460 Series dual-68060 models, the following boot architecture is used:
- CPU-X executes from EPROM0 at 0xFE000000 to 0xFE0FFFFF
- CPU-Y executes from EPROM1 at 0xFE400000 to 0xFE4FFFFF or 0xFD000000 to 0xFDFFFFFF
except for the first 3 fetches in boot state in which CPU-X fetches from PROM0 and CPU-Y fetches from PROM1 either 68060 can execute from either or both of the EPROMs.
about system fail
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ACFail\ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The two red LEDs indicate the run status of the board: Fail Indicates the SysFail status of the board. When the CPU is reset (either by the VMEbus SysRes\ line or the front panel RESET toggle), the Fail LED turns on and the board drives the VME SysFail\ signal. During normal operation the system boot software clears this condition shortly after RESET. The SysFail LED and driver signal are cleared by performing a write of a 0C to the Primary Mode register at 0XFE38 0003. The program may also turn this LED on (i.e. assert SysFail on the VMEbus) by writing a 04 to 0xFE38 0003. Halt On single-68060 model boards, this LED provides a visual indication that the on-board CPU has HALTed. On dual-68060 boards, this LED indicates that one or both CPUs has HALTed. If only one CPU has HALTed, it is possible to identify which one by also looking at the X and Y LEDs. Generally, the LED for the HALTed CPU is NOT lit. However, this indication is very dependent on the application being run and how closely coupled the two CPUs are operating Bus error time out Generates a bus error time-out signal if one or both of the VMEbus data strobes remain asserted for longer than a specific interval that can be set under software control. System reset generator Generates a VMEbus reset signal upon system power-up, upon a board-level reset, and 100 microseconds after the VME ACFail signal is asserted
uart calbe pin out (tested and working
cable 10 pins ============= 1 3 5 7 9 2 4 6 8 A __________ |..........| | | |___ ___| |___\__/___| vista dal davanti p349 uart pc232-db9 1 rts+ 2 rts 7 3 tx+ 4 tx 3 5 gnd 6 gnd 5 7 rx 2 8 rx+ 9 cts 8 a cts+ cable 8 pins ============ soler side ______________ |( ) ( )| | T | | 1 3(5)7 | | 2(4)6 8 | |( ) R ( )| | __________ | |_/ ........ \_| #_||||||||_# # ........ # # 12345678 # \__ __/ #\ /# | | * 1 3 5 7 2 4 6 8 * __________ | ........ | | | |___ ___| |___\__/___| vista dal davanti front side view p349 uart pc232-db9 new8 -- rts+ 1 rts 7 2 tx+ 3 tx 3 <-----------------(tx) 4 gnd 5 gnd 5 <-----------------(gnd) 6 rx 6 <-----------------(rx) 7 rx+ 8 cts 8 -- cts+ EZBUS RowC.7 +12V RobC.8 -12V RowC.3..6 gnd RowC.1..2 vcc UART RS232, DIN9 _________________________ \ R T * / \ 1 2 3 4 (5) / \ 6 7 8 9 / \_________________/ 2 RX 3 TX 5 GND