For more interesting projects done by Flameman, be sure to checkout his project index
the board has been made be synergy microsystem it seems the board+bsp+vxworks has been sold as "EUROCOM 27xxx"
- CPU: dual 33 MHz 68060 processors
- ram: 64 Mbytes, DRAM
- lan: Ethernet
- interface: Graphics, SCSI-2, VME 32/64?
- OS: comes with OS-9, LynxOS, pSOS+, PDOS, VxWorks
- Memory is provided on a piggyback module allowing it to be easily upgraded
- Up to 4 Mbytes of FLASH
- Supports ELTEC's LEB mezzanine bus
is this system (hw-2x68060/vxworks)s.m.p. or a.m.p. ?
- a.m.p. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_multiprocessing
- s.m.p. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric_multiprocessing
- n.u.m.a. there is also an other working schema, called "numa", seeFlameman/numa, useful with a great amount of cpu (cpu >> 8)
it seems that the dual-CPU V460 is featuring a symmetrical architecture allowing the two 68060 CPUs to operate as either tightly-coupled coprocessors sharing the same operating system and peripherals or as two independent CPUs running separate operating systems across separate I/O channels.
If this info is right it should be possible to assign different interrupt level schemes to each CPU via a programmable interrupt control register. In all of these possible arrangements, the dual CPU V460 Series can provide full multi-ported memory access by both CPUs, the VMEbus, and both EZ-bus modules with varying levels of memory protection as required.
V460 model (50 MHz, 8 MB RAM)
- +5.0v ±5% = 6.4 amps (typical)
- -12.0v ±5% = 30 mA