Difference between revisions of "Hammer How to buildroot"
Revision as of 00:02, 13 September 2007
1) buildroot needs hammer-config copied to .config
2) if you dont have makeinfo installed need to patch /buildroot/toolchain_build_arm/binutils-126.96.36.199.17/missing to comment out line 302 "test -f $file || exit 1"
3) kernel is compiled outside of buildroot
4) copy hammer-config to .config
5) edit Makefile to set the cross compiler path properly
6) make oldconfig
7) make zImage
7a) untill dave adds buzzer-gpio.h need to comment out references to the buzzer platform device in arch/arm/march-2c32410/mach-tct_hammer.c
7b) dave added it in the latest version of the hammer patch for 2.6.22 so disregard 7a).
8) in apex "xr 0x30008000" then send the zImage (arch/arm/boot/zImage) via xmodem
8a) ubuntu 6.06 LTS needs lrzsz installed for xmodem etc. to work in minicom.
9) in apex "boot"
10) cat /proc/version ==> Linux version 2.6.22 (kenm@kenm-desktop) (gcc version 4.1.2) #1 Sat Sep 1 12:50:36 MDT 2007
11) now that you have a working kernel, you may want to configure it for networking, see How_to_Networking