Hammer How to use Jtag
7) the path to a successful apex reflash was a long and hard one.
8) started by needing to compile openocd from source.
9) also needed to rmmod fdti_sio since the normal ubuntu driver grabs the hardware on plugin.
9a) ubuntu also needs usbfs turned on: mount -t usbfs usbfs /proc/bus/usb (as root)
10) to recompile openocd, one must firs run ./bootstrap
10a) then ./configure --enable-ft2232-ftd2xx
10b) then make
11) but before that you must extract fd2xx.h and WinTypes.h to the /openocd/src/jtag/ directory..
12) put the resulting openocd executable in a dir with hammer.cfg, hammer.ocd, apex.bin (the orig from the cd)
13) ./openocd -f hammer.cfg
14) This will load apex into ram & run it. then you can flash the original apex.bin back.
15) it seems that openocd likes to be run as root.
16) rebuilding apex from source you need to make menuconfig (generates lots of wierd errors if there is no .config)
17) then select the Samsung S3C2410 platform
18) then the Tin Can Tools Hammer implementation
19) Change other stuff as req'd (ie Environment > Regions > 256k+1024k ==> kernel source 1280k+1024k ==> ramdisk image
20) save changes & make