Difference between revisions of "International Technical Jamboree"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
| '''Writing custom gfx_driver for [[
| '''Writing custom gfx_driver for []'''- by Katsuya Matsubara(Renesas/iGel)- Detail : [[ITJ2005Detail1-3]] :) '''Presentation Material Available'''
Revision as of 21:53, 21 September 2007
International Technical Jamboree
CELF is hosting an International Technical Jamboree on 14th and 15th June in Yokohama Japan. This is a technical conference to share knowledge and experience related to Linux and its use in consumer electronics devices. This is an open conference; all information is shared and any code presented must be available under an Open Source Initiative accepted license (preferably GPL or LGPL).
NOTE: No previous registration required. No admittance fee required
Call for Sessions
- To propose a session topic, please send e-mail to the Jamboree coordinator.
- 9 Slots (80 minutes each) for sessions are planned.
- All sessions should be conducted in English.
- Anyone can propose to present a session.
- Non-CELF members are eligible to host sessions.
- At Yokohama Grand Intercontinental Hotel.
- Hotel Homepage in English
- Hotel reservation form : Media:Hotel_Reservation_Form_Y.pdf
- Please note that the special room price for attendees of this event is available for bookings received before 25th May.
- Transportation Guide To Intercontinental Yokohama
|Day (1) 13th June|
|09:00-10:20||Technical overview of Qt (our C++ GUI/app. framework) and its porting to embedded Linux- by John Ryland (Trolltech)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail1-1|
|10:30-11:50||Making Mobile Phone with CE Linux- by Masashige Mizuyama(Panasonic Mobile Communications)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail1-2 :) Presentation Material Available|
|12:30-13:20||Writing custom gfx_driver for DirectFB- by Katsuya Matsubara(Renesas/iGel)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail1-3 :) Presentation Material Available|
|13:30-15:00||Technical Discussion: "Experiences with Open Embedded and the OMAP5912 Starter Kit"- by Steve Johnson(Matsushita/Panasonic)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail1-4 :) Presentation Material Available|
|15:10-15:50||Technical Discussion: "Learning the Kernel, and Finding Performance Problems, with KFI"- by Tim Bird (Sony)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail1-5 :) Presentation Material Available|
|16:00-17:20||Technical Discussion: "devicelinux.org, a brand new open source effort aiming at creating an easy-to-deploy Linux platform for embedded devices"- by Markku Ursin -Detail: ITJ2005Detail1-6 :) Presentation Material Available|
- All sessions on day 1 are open to members and non-members alike.
|Day (2) 14th June|
|09:00-10:20||Technical Discussion 1: Xv FAT File System Development'Detail: Xv Fat Discussion :) Presentation Material Available'Technical Discussion 2: Fast Boot/Shutdown with Power Management FunctionDetail: ITJ2005Detail2-1 :) Presentation Material Available- by Hiroyuki Machida (Sony)|
|10:30-11:50||Technical Discussion: "UHAPI 4Linux, an Open Source implementation of the Universal Home API"- by John Vugts (Philips) and Arjen Klomp (Logica CMG)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail2-2 :) Presentation Material Available|
|13:00-14:20||Technical Discussion: "Embedded Linux Packaging and Development Toolkit for Consumer Electronics"- by Heung Nam Kim (ETRI)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail2-3 :) Presentation Material Available|
|14:30-15:50||Technical Discussion: "Linux Kernel Tracer"- by Toru Nojiri (Hitachi)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail2-4 :) Presentation Material Available|
|16:00-16:30||Special Session: "Ottawa Linux Symposium and CE Linux Forum"- by Tim Bird (Architecture Group Chair)- Detail : ITJ2005Detail2-5 :) Presentation Material Available|
|16:30-17:00||CE Linux Forum Plenary Meeting (Forum Members limited)|
|17:00-19:00||CE Linux Forum, 2nd Anniversary Party (Non forum members are also welcomed. Free of charge)|
- All sessions on day 2 are open to members and non-members, except the session from 16:30 (4:30pm) to 17:00.
- Sorry for my mistake in indicating the dates. The dates are 13th (Mon) and 14th (Tue) which are corrected on 17th May.