Mainline RT-preempt patchset
- Mainline RT-preempt patchset
- Tim Bird
The RT-preempt patch set provides real-time scheduling performance for Linux. Parts of this patch set have been mainlined over time, but there are still significant parts that remain out-of-tree.
This project would consist of mainlining the remaining portions of the RT-preempt patch set, to avoid integration costs for those companies that use this patchset, and to decrease the maintenance cost of the patchset.
- http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/ - index of patchsets for
various kernel versions
- https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/8/3/133 - announcement on LKML of version 184.108.40.206-rt29
of the patchset
- Real-Time Linux Wiki
- See especially https://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RT_PREEMPT_HOWTO
- http://lwn.net/Articles/319544/ - Interview: the return of the realtime preemption
- This is an interview with Ingo Molnar and Thomas Gleixner, from February 2009,
regarding the status of the RT-preempt patch
- Realtime Preemption - unfortunately out-of-date wiki page on this work
Probably measured in man-years. Would be good to define intermediate milestones for progress, and work towards those.
List possible contractors for this work (can be yourself)