Difference between revisions of "Mini2440"
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Where to purchase
Where to purchase
= OpenOCD =
= OpenOCD =
Revision as of 22:01, 27 March 2012
- Dimension: 100 x 100 mm
- CPU: 400 MHz Samsung S3C2440A ARM920T (max freq. 533 MHz)
- RAM: 64 MB SDRAM, 32 bit Bus
- Flash: 64 MB / 128 MB / 256 MB / 1GB NAND Flash and 2 MB NOR Flash with BIOS
- EEPROM: 256 Byte (I2C)
- Ext. Memory: SD-Card socket
- Serial Ports: 1x DB9 connector (RS232), total: 3x serial port connectors
- USB: 1x USB-A Host 1.1, 1x USB-B Device 1.1
- Audio Output: 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Audio Input: Connector + Condenser microphone
- Ethernet: RJ-45 10/100M (DM9000)
- RTC: Real Time Clock with battery
- Beeper: PWM buzzer
- Camera: 20 pin (2.0 mm) Camera interface
- LCD Interface: 41 pin (1.0 mm) connector for FriendlyARM Displays and VGA Board
- Touch Panel: 4 wire resistive
- User Inputs: 6x push buttons and 1x A/D pot
- User Outputs: 4x LEDs
- Expansion: 40 pin System Bus, 34 pin GPIO, 10 pin Buttons (2.0 mm)
- Debug: 10 pin JTAG (2.0 mm)
- Power: regulated 5V (DC-Plug: 1.35mm inner x 3.5mm outer diameter)
- Power Consumption: Mini2440: 0.3 A, Mini2440 + 3.5" LCD: 0.6 A, Mini2440 + 7" LCD: 1 A
Barebox uses the same build (Kbuild) and configuration (Kconfig) tools as the Linux kernel.
1) First you need to clone the tree
git clone git://git.pengutronix.de/git/barebox.git
Most probably you want to use a released Barebox version, by running 'git checkout <version>'. Check which versions are available with 'git tag -l' and use the latest one.
2) Then you need to configure it:
3) Compile it
4) Now you need to flash the nand for this you can use OpenOCD
you can use framebuffer to display a splash screen
Where to purchase http://www.quickembed.com/Tools/Shop/ARM/200905/4.html
now you need so start OpenOCD. For this you need to specify the interface (First) and then the board
for this I just a Jlink
openocd -f interface/jlink.cfg -f target/samsung_s3c2440.cfg -c "adapter_khz 12000"
Flashing barebox And then the following steps:
- connect a terminal application to the mini2440's serial connector
- connect the mini2440 to a working network
- switch S2 to boot from NOR to boot into 'supervivi'
- switch on your mini2440
- run the OpenOCD daemon configured with the file shown above
- connect to the OpenOCD daemon via 'telnet'.
- run the following commands to download a barebox into your target
> halt > load_image \<path to the 'barebox.bin'\> 0x31000000 bin > resume 0x31000000
Now a barebox is starting from an already initialized CPU and SDRAM (done by 'supervivi').
Change to your terminal console and configure the network first. Adapt the following settings to your network:
eth0.ipaddr=192.168.1.240 eth0.netmask=255.255.255.0 eth0.gateway=192.168.23.2 eth0.serverip=192.168.1.7
A 'ping' to your TFTP server should bring a "...is alive" message now.
We are ready now to program a barebox into the NAND flash:
erase /dev/nand0.barebox.bb tftp barebox.bin /dev/nand0.barebox.bb