RPi Community Magazine
Back to the Hub.
Tutorials - a list of tutorials. Learn by doing.
Guides - a list of informative guides. Make something useful.
Projects - a list of community projects. Help others out.
Tasks - for advanced users to collaborate on software tasks.
Datasheets - a frambozenier.org documentation project.
Education - a place to share your group's project and find useful learning sites.
Community - links to the community elsewhere on the web.
Games - all kinds of computer games.
The idea/concept for a Community Magazine has been mentioned several times on the forums, and with a lot of community generated quality content available in various places, it seems like such a magazine can be produced (even if it is an electronic or eMagazine equivalent).
Here are links to some of the discussions about producing such a magazine (some excellent ideas!):
- Slice of Pi/MagPi - Raspberry Pi Magazine
- The Pi User - contributor request!
- R-Pi magazine out now (cough)
- Raspi magazine (/type publication/website)
- "RASPBERRY PI (and programming in Linux) FOR DUMMIES"
A "joke" magazine cover!
TheMagPi is a community magazine, aimed at encouraging all areas of the Raspberry Pi community. The magazine is written by teachers, enthusiasts, and those working within the IT industry. The magazine is available in electronic and printed formats.
The The Pi User is currently in development.
Idea/Suggestion: On-line Magazine with periodic eMagazine Publication
1. Publish the articles on the blog/site etc as and when they are ready (or perhaps at set point spread over the month/quarter depending on content). Budding writers can even proto-type their articles in the wiki if they feel they need input from others before submitting.
2. The site can be set-up to have a home page with a magazine style index front end, where each regular article gets linked etc. Some basic tile type (metro) index could be quite effective (with hopefully not too much work once setup).
3. Articles can be made available though RSS so people can have the latest article delivered when they are available.
4. After each cycle (whatever the period ends up being), the articles are collected and formulated into a magazine format, ideally nice online flippable format  (suggested by Deep Thought), and of course downloadable format (pdf or ebook etc) which people can read on their ereaders or print out (consideration should be given for b/w printing and reading on ereaders too - separate compact version dropping backgrounds or something?). Again this can probably be delivered through RSS and through kindle (depending on how the magazine subscription process works for kindle).
If you are blog writer or you already have content which you are happy to be used in the magazine then please add links here (or create suitable wiki page for the content).
Note: Please confirm you are happy for the content to be used (and edited if needed) in the context of this magazine and to be distributed etc (and your work is original - including photos etc).
Add to and list any ideas for articles you would like to see and/or write below.
Note: If you want to write the article within the wiki (so you can get help from others) then feel free to create a wiki page below for your article, use name "RPi Mag xxxx" with suitable short name.
Photographers/illustrators and Images
A key aspect will be to have some quality images to use in the magazine formatting and presentation.
If you are a keen photographer/illustrator then please send us links to any photos (i.e. on Flicker/Photobucket etc) you have which we can freely use for the magazine. Images can be directly related to using the Raspberry Pi, or abstract (useful for backgrounds and providing style), or perhaps directly related to an article you've seen, or would like to see or want to write.
Perhaps we can include a section as a photography competition too.
Note: Please confirm you are happy for the content to be used (and edited if needed) in the context of this magazine and to be distributed etc (and your work is original).
In order to produce the formatted version of the magazine we will need some skilful people who can make the content look visually appealing, as well as ensuring the content is correct and legible (typos etc).