Revision as of 12:40, 31 May 2012 by Crouthamela
SD Card Setup
- Go to Raspberry Pi Downloads.
- Download the latest version of the Arch Linux ARM ZIP file.
- Follow the Easy SD Card Setup instructions on the RPi Wiki to transfer the image to the SD card.
- Follow the Hardware Basic Setup instructions on the RPI Wiki to get your peripherals connected.
- Delete or rename the config.txt on the SD card if the HDMI output is blank when it boots.
- Upon boot, login with "root/root" and get an IP address with "dhcpcd eth0".
- Edit /etc/rc.conf and /etc/hosts to change hostname to "rubus"
- Set time, date, and timezone to UTC according to directions at: Time - ArchWiki
- Sync the mirror and update all packages on the system: Beginners Guide - ArchWiki
- Make a new user called "teacher" with same password with "adduser" command.
- Run "pacman-key --init" and generate enough entropy for it to complete by installing and running rng-tools: Entropy Issues
- Run "visudo" as root and uncomment the "wheel" line: Sudo
- Setup ALSA: ALSA
- Setup Xorg, fonts, etc: GUI
- Setup LXDE and LXDM (autostart, end user processes on logout): LXDE