Revision as of 18:48, 1 June 2012 by Crouthamela
SD Card Setup
- Go to Raspberry Pi Downloads.
- Download the latest version of the Arch Linux ARM ZIP file.
- Follow the Easy SD Card Setup instructions on the RPi Wiki to transfer the image to the SD card.
- Follow the Hardware Basic Setup instructions on the RPI Wiki to get your peripherals connected.
- Delete or rename the config.txt on the SD card if the HDMI output is blank when it boots.
- Upon boot, login with "root/root" and get an IP address with "dhcpcd eth0".
- Edit /etc/rc.conf and /etc/hosts to change hostname to "rubus"
- Set time, date, and timezone to UTC according to directions at: Time - ArchWiki
- Sync the mirror and update all packages on the system: Beginners Guide - ArchWiki
- Make a new user called "teacher" with same password with "adduser" command: Adding a User - ArchWiki
- Set nano as default editor in .bashrc file for "teacher" user.
- Install base-devel (pacman -S base-devel) and yaourt (pacman -S yaourt)
- Run "pacman-key --init" and generate enough entropy for it to complete by installing and running rng-tools: Entropy Issues
- Install "sudo" package, run "visudo" as root and uncomment the "wheel" line: Sudo
- Setup ALSA: ALSA
- Setup Xorg, dbus, fonts, etc: GUI
- Setup LXDE and LXDM (autostart, end user processes on logout): LXDE
- Install librsvg, libdvdcss, ca-certificates, gstreamer0.10-good-plugins, libpng
- Install cups, cups-pdf, ghostscript
- After installing wireshark-cli and wireshark-gtk, add all users to "wireshark" group.
- After installing django, install mysql-python and python2-psycopg2
- Create a swap file and set to automount in fstab: swap file
- Install and setup VNC
- Configure cope-git and most from: Colored output
- Install pkgtools, pacman-color, pacman-contrib, pacmatic