Security Hardware Resources
Revision as of 06:34, 7 June 2009 by Wmat (Added descriptive text for the TrouSers project.)
This page has information about hardware based security enhancement, which is of interest to CE Linux Forum members
- Secure Flashing/Booting Support
- Secure Storage
- Cryptographic Accelerators
- FIPS Compliant True Hardware RNG
- Secure DMA Channels
TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
Security enhanced processors
Intel(R) Wireless Trusted Platform
The Cell processor has an 'isolated' SPU runtime environment. CBE Architecture document
Open Source Projects/Mailing Lists
- Linux TPM Device Driver: Device driver to enable the TPM chip as described by specifications at http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org. The TPM chip will enable you to use hardware to securely store and protect your keys and personal data. See also the TrouSerS project.
- TrouSers: An open-source TCG Software Stack implementation, created and released by IBM.