Session:Controlling Linux Memory Fragmentation and Higher Order Allocation Failure: Analysis, Observations and Results
Revision as of 23:16, 7 September 2012 by Tim Bird
- ELC 2012
- February 17, 2012
- Pintu Kumar
- (none found on free-electrons or linux foundation site)
The presentation includes the following :
- Measuring Linux memory fragmentation in a running Linux kernel across each zones and each order including overall levels as well.
- Memory fragmentation analysis with respect to Linux smart phones from boot-up to application launching and terminating.
- Memory fragmentation analysis with respect to Linux smart phones from boot-up to application launching and terminating. 3) Tools to invoke kernel higher-order page allocation and analyze allocation success and failure cases.
- Tracking higher-order allocation in kernel and its advantages.
- Observations and experimental results for higher-order allocation success with respect to the implementation.
- Few experimentation data.
- Summary and what can be done further and further plans.
Pintu is a Tech Lead at Samsung, and part of the BSP and kernel development team for Samsung smartphones.
(no video found)