Source Management Tools
Revision as of 17:10, 11 June 2007 by Tim Bird
Here are some different source management tools commonly used with Linux:
- David Wheeler has an excellent breakdown of various SCM tools at: http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/scm.html
- IBM has an good overview of available tools at: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-vercon/
- There is a comparison of several different tools at: http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html
Patch Management Tools
To manage a group of patches relative to a single source base, quilt is quite good.
Other Patch management Tools
- Tim's patch management tools - diffinfo and friends - a more verbose diffstat, with splitting, joining and comparing of patches
- See also Diff And Patch Tricks
GIT is the source code management tool used by many kernel developers.
- GIT project home page: http://git.or.cz/