The Sunplus SPMP3050A is a chip which is used in MP4 players. An MP4 player with this chip is available from DeaslExtreme for only USD 44.92 (price as of 2008-11-20). This player has 2GB flash, 8 MB ram and a color LCD screen.
Some of the key characteristics:
- 32-bit ARM926EJ with a Programmable CPU Operating Frequency from 82kHz to 168MHz.
- Support RGB Bayer Patterns Output Sensors with up to 6M-pixel (2872x2160) image resolution.
- Support YUV422-Output Sensors or CCD modules up to 3M (2048x1536) image size.
- Support LCM/LCD/OLED Panel of resolution up to 240x320.
- Support 18-bit(RGB666), 16-bit(RGB565), 12-bit(RGB444), 8-bit(RGB332) LCMs.
- Support 18-bit(RGB666) LCD.
- Built-in TV encoder, provide NTSC/PAL composite video output.
- Build-in USB1.1 Full-Speed Host and device Controller and Transceiver.
- Support SD/microSD/MMC/MMC4.0-4bits card
- Support SLC and MLC NAND-type Flash memory
- Embedded 16-bit high-quality Stereo Audio ADC/DAC
- Line-in and Line-out support.
- Embedded microphone input and headset output with amplifier.
- Support stereo speaker output with external amplifier.
- Standard JPEG CODEC.
- H.263 baseline profile level30, MPEG4 simple profile level3 CODEC
- Support 3GP/ASF/AVI/MP4 file format
- MPEG4/H.263 frame rate is up to 30 fps @ 352x288 resolution, 10 fps @.640x480 resolution
- 1 UART port for debug.
- 13 GPIO with built-in interrupt function
- Built-in 3-channel inputs 10-bit SAR ADC with 24K sampling rate for touch panel, battery power monitor and other applications.
- 6x2 Keypad interface
spmp305x wiki is a wiki for this chip. Unfortunately it is heavily vandalised.
A specification of the chipset can be found at http://w3.sunplusmm.com/products/dsc/spmp.asp
Unfortunately no datasheet is available, which is a pity as this thing would be a very nice, ultra cheap linux box.