Options that are not explained yet.
overscan_scale edid_fuzzy_match == edid_format_smart_match?
First off, don't take this the wrong way! I'm just trying to read this as a complete novice would (which I pretty well am anyway). Of course, I could google all of this, but I expect people will be reading this for some help there and then and are not interested in a skip through the internet.
1. what is the 'SOC'? What does it store - anything personal?
2. in File Format, "property=integer", maybe "property=number". OK, so a number is not neccesarily an integer, but the latter reads a bit 'technical'
3. Video mode options: "DVI or HDMI with new start.elf ". Elf? Goblin? what is this mysterious being?
4. What is a "console framebuffer"?
5. Mode values, its not clear what this section means, how do we set these modes and what do they do? will they break anything?
Finally, is this the complete list of things that can be in config.txt? Markb 11:15, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
- 1 SoC = System-on-a-Chip It´s the CPU and GPU package (ARM11 by Broadcomm)
- 2 an integer is a natural number, but can also negative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer)
- 3 the start.elf in the FAT-partition is meant here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format
- 5 video mode values? they will only change the display settings
- 6 don´t know whether these are all possible settings, but that is an interesting question...
- --Guilmant 14:53, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
Defining custom resolutions?
My display is 800x480 but I don't see this resolution listed. Is it possible to define a custom resolution other than those available to config.txt?
- What about 480p? --Guilmant 10:55, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
No good, unfortunately that equates to 720x480, so the image is stretched.