- Information for authors - the process of submitting an article.
- Layout & fonts - description of the standard layout and associated fonts.
- PDF creation - instructions for the generation of PDF for electronic and paper publication.
- Information for New Volunteers - A guide to help new volunteers familiarize themselves with the team’s workflow.
- Click on the PDF icon at the top of the menu bar or click on "Export" and then "Save to PDF"
- Then follow either the electronic use or printing sections given below.
PDF for electronic use
- Embed all fonts except FreeSans Bold. FreeSans Bold should be outlined, rather than embedded.
- Compression: Lossy JPG / Medium
- EPS Graphics: 600 DPI
- Resample Images: 600 DPI
- Create separate PDF files of each page. (The pages are joined together at the end and uploaded to our mirror sites and to issuu.com.)
- Find the article number by checking the article record in MMS.
- Rename the pdf files using article number_page number.pdf
- Upload the pdf files to the MMS article.
PDF for printing
Create separate PDF files of each page, using "-pub.pdf" as a file name suffix.
- Click on file, Export, Save as PDF...
- The following dialog is displayed, nothing on the general tab should need to be changed, but the settings should be as the screenshot below.
- Next click on the fonts tab and click embed all fonts except FreeSans Bold. FreeSans Bold should be outlined, rather than embedded.
- Ensure that the colour tab settings are as below:
- Ensure the prepress tab settings are as below:
- Click save