This page has information about developing Embedded Linux, including links to toolchains, debuggers and other development tools. Also, it has links to pages with debugging tips.
- 1 Development Tools
- 2 Developer Resources
- 3 Embedded Linux Distributions
- see Toolchains
- Open On-Chip Debugger
- FIXTHIS - need link for debuggers (DDD, gdb, kgdb, etc.)eclipse
Integrated Development Environments
- FIXTHIS - need link for IDEs (eclipse, etc.)
Tracers and Profilers
Source Management Tools
There are a number of tools for managing patches, which are useful for different tasks. There's now a whole page devoted to this. See Source Management Tools
- See Test Systems
For some simple tools for managing patches, see Diff And Patch Tricks
Kernel mailing lists, web sites, etc.
- Linux Device Drivers, 3rd edition - http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
- Papers from the Ottawa Linux Symposium - broken out - see http://kernel.org/doc/ols/
- Embedded Linux System Design and Development - by P. Raghavan, Amol Lad, and Sriram Neelakandan (Hardcover - Dec 21, 2005)
- This one looks quite good.
- Embedded Linux Primer: A Practical Real-World Approach - by Christopher Hallinan
- So does this one.
- Building Embedded Linux Systems - by Karim Yaghmour
- This book is a bit dated (the edition I have is from 2003, but it is still a great resource.
Code Style Tips
- This section is for good Code Styling Tips
GCC Tips and Tricks
- This section of GCC Tips is a collection of tips and tricks helpful for embedded developers