- Notice: The UDOO Pi Wiki pages on this site is collaborative work - the UDOO Team is not responsible for content on these pages.
This page collects information about UDOO the first ever small sized computer that merges in one single board an ARM cortex-A9 iMX.6 CPU and an Arduino Due compatible board embedded with a dedicated ARM SAM3X8E CPU. UDOO project has been funded through Kickstarter, raising $641,614 in sixty days thanks to 4,172 backers.
UDOO is a mini PC that can be used both with Android and Linux OS, with an embedded Arduino-compatible board. It is a powerful prototyping board for software development and design; it’s easy to use and allows developing projects with minimum knowledge of hardware. UDOO merges different computing worlds together: each one has its proper strengths and weak points, but all of them are useful in todays life for educational purposes as well as Do-It-Yourself (DIY) and quick prototyping. UDOO is an open hardware, low-cost platform equipped with an ARM i.MX6 Freescale processor, and an Arduino Due compatible section based on ATMEL SAM3X8E ARM processor, all this available on the same board!
- Develop an innovative product for a growing market
- Give a new vision to the educational framework, with the idea of training up a new generation of engineers, designers and software developers skilled in digital technology: physical computing, multi-media arts, interactive arts, IoT...
- Give a boost to the DIY world
- Offer a low cost embedded platform for interactive arts with powerful tools: Processing, OpenCV, PureData, openFramework
- Provide companies with a great tool for fast prototyping
UDOO retail line up consists of three models, sharing most of the features and different only for connectivity and i.MX6 processor used. All three models feature an embedded Arduino compatible section based on Arduino Due schematic. UDOO’s dimensions are: 4.33 inch x 3.35 inch (11 cm x 8.5 cm).
Warning: The UDOO I/O pins are 3.3V compliant. Higher voltages (like 5V) would damage the board.
Learn more about wrong uses that invalidate the warranty.
Micro SD Card (to be verified)
Physical Type: microSD
Maximum Capacity: ?? GB
Transfer rate read: ?? MB/s
Transfer rate write: ?? MB/s
Recommended SD Class: ??
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_class_rating for more information.
The retail version of UDOO, compared to the first beta version releases has these additional features:
- S/PDIF digital audio in & out through pin headers;
- I2S/AC97/SSI digital audio multiplexer through pin headers;
- FlexCAN (Flexible Controller Area Network) through pin headers, it is possible to switch this function’s management between i.MX6 processor and SAM3X8E processor;
- External SD card support through pins header: plug an external controller for an additional SD card slot or for an eMMC module.
An easy step by step guide that will lead you through the procedure to boot your UDOO for the very first time.
Creating a bootable Micro SD card from precompiled image
How to create a bootable micro SD card for UDOO board, starting from a precompiled image file containing the UDOO Operating system, which runs using the i.MX6 processor.
Creating a bootable Micro SD card from binaries
Creating a bootable Micro SD card from source
How to program the embedded Arduino microcontroller
How to install Debian with debootstrap
How to boot from a SATA drive
How to boot from SATA drive
How to create a Virtual Machine for UDOO Development
How to compile Android 4.2.2 from sources
Switch between adb Debug and ADK connection
How to configure Ethernet under Android
node-udoo - a Node.js library
node-udoo is an abstraction library for Node.js complete with command line tools (callback, promise, and synchronous styles supported)
How to setup the LVDS panels
How to setup lvds panels
Forums The official UDOO forums can be found at http://www.udoo.org/forum
The forum search facility has been tweaked to allow more general searching. Please do a search before making a post as the issue may already have been raised and answered.
IRC There is an (unofficial) UDOO discussion channel on IRC. Using the IRC client of your choice, use server information: irc.freenode.net. Room name is #udoo.
Home site and community
- Facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/udooboard
- Twitter http://twitter.com/UDOO_Board
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/110742692974455430878/posts
- YouTube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXv5UyGn5jArK8xOAmuSeHg