Connecting PCIe devices to Minnowboard MAX
Using the Silverjaw Lure and a "PCIe to MPCIe" adapter card, it is possible to connect PCIe devices to the Minnowboard MAX.
The example below illustrates how to connect a unformatted NVMe SSD to the Minnowboard MAX:
- Minnowboard Max
- Silverjaw Lure
- Bplus PM2C : PCI-E to mini PCI-E card (see here for more information)
- Intel's DCP3700 Series SSD
- FDD 4 Pin power connector
- External 5V/12V power supply for the Blus PM2C adapter card
- 5V/3.2A Power supply unit to the Minnowboard Max
- Bootable USB with core-image-sato-sdk image (or image with a similar kernel)
- Add the NVMe driver to the kernel image. For information on how to do this, see here
- Attach bootable USB
- Connect the Silverjaw Lure to the Minnowboard.
- Attach the Bplus PM2C adapter card to the mPCIe slot of the Silverjaw.
- Connect the FDD 4 pin connector to the PM2C adapter card.
- Connect the NVMe SSD to the x1 PCIe connector on the PM2C adapter card.
- Apply power to the PM2C adapter card through the FDD 4 pin connector
- Apply power to the Minnowboard Max. Ensure that the current on the power unit is atleast 3A.
Minnowboard MAX is now powered on and the SSD is seen as /dev/nvme0n1
Note: There are different "PCIe to mPCIe" adapters available that can be used with the Silverjaw. The PM2C adapter used here is just one example.