NVIDIA's Jetson TX1 is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) with quad-core ARM Cortex-A57, 4GB LPDDR4 and integrated 256-core Maxwell GPU.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning, Jetson TX1 runs Linux and provides 1TFLOPS of FP16 compute performance in 10 watts of power.
Parallel ForAll — NVIDIA Jetson TX1 Drives Next Wave of Autonomous Machines
- 1 Jetson TX1 Module
- 2 Jetson TX1 Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Linux Distributions
- 6 Multiple Cameras
- 7 Ecosystem Products
- 8 USB 3.0 webcams known to be working
- 9 Getting Help
Jetson TX1 Module
The Jetson TX1 module contains all the active processing components. The ports are broken out through a carrier board.
Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- quad-core ARM Cortex-A57
- 256-core Maxwell GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4
- 16GB eMMC
- H.264/H.265 encoder & decoder
- Dual ISPs (Image Service Processors)
Ports & Peripherals
- HDMI 2.0
- 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB3, USB2
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 12 lanes MIPI CSI 2.0
- 4 lanes PCIe gen 2.0
- SATA, 2x SDcard
- 3x UART, 3x SPI, 4x I2C
- 400-pin Samtec board-to-board connector
- dimensions: 50x87mm (1.96" x 3.42")
- mass: 45 grams
- Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP), -25C to 85C operating temperature
- 5.5-19.6VDC input power (consuming 10-15W, under typical load)
Parallel ForAll — JetPack 3.1 Doubles Jetson's Low-Latency Inference Performance
- Europe - Silicon Highway
- USA - Arrow
- Use the Region Selector to find distributors of the module in your region.
Jetson TX1 Developer Kit
The Jetson TX1 Developer Kit bundles together all the parts to get started, including:
- mini-ITX Reference carrier board
- Jetson TX1 Module
- fan and heatsink (pre-assembled)
- 5MP CSI camera module (with Omnivision OV5693)
- WiFi/BT antennas
- USB OTG adapter
- 19VDC Power brick
- AC Power cable
The design files for the reference carrier board and camera module included in the devkit are freely available for download.
- Get the latest development software for PC and TX1 by using JetPack.
- Plug in an HDMI display into Jetson, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse, and apply power to boot it up. (User Guide)
- Visit the Embedded Developer Zone and Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
- Use the Region Selector to find distributors of the devkit in your region.
- There's also an Academic Discount available for those belonging to an educational organization.
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for the Jetson TX1 module and devkit.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- DevKit User Guide guide to unpacking, setting up, and flashing the Jetson TX1 Developer Kit.
- DevKit Carrier Spec design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- DevKit CAD Models 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, heatsink, camera board, and module.
- Camera Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit MIPI CSI-2 camera module.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- Module PinMux excel spreadsheet macro for generating ARM device tree source (DTS) files.
- L4T Kernel Docs documentation for L4T kernel developers (including V4L2/camera drivers).
- Tegra X1 TRM Technical Reference Manual for the TX1 system-on-chip and register data.
- Multimedia API Reference documentation to Argus camera API and V4L2 media codecs
- Accelerated GStreamer Guide example gstreamer pipelines for accessing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec.
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Downloads Center at Embedded Developer Zone for the full list that's currently available.
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson.
- Cloning & Backup
- Flashing Tools and Protocols
- Boot Configuration Table (BCT) Overview
- Tegra Boot Flow (nvtboot for TX1)
- Compiling the L4T Kernel
- Using the Upstream Linux Kernel
- Building the Ubuntu Sample Root Filesystem
- Controlling Core Clock Frequency Performance
- Measuring Power with Onboard INA Monitors
- Intro to Tegra System Profiler
- MIPI DSI/CSI Design and Develop Guide
- Enabling the SPI Port
- Wiring the Serial Console
- GPIO Interfacing (JetsonHacks)
- Running WiFi Access Point with hostapd
- Python GUI Gstreamer Launcher (includes temp sensor and bandwidth monitor)
- Sending Bayer➝H.264➝RTP Stream (GStreamer pipeline)
- Tegra Use Case Model configuration
- jetson_easy - automatic setup/scripting
- NVIDIA Jetson GitHub (open-source robotics projects with deep learning)
- NVIDIA Redtail GitHub (end-to-end deep learning drone for ROS)
- Jetson Reference Platforms (off-the-shelf robots with TX1/TX2)
- FIRST FRC Configuration (setup guide for FIRST Robotics)
- ROS for FRC Whitepaper (Zebracorns team #900 Vision GitHub)
- Installing ROS Kinetic (JetsonHacks)
- Fast SLAM Particle Filter (Accelerated Localization using Raycasting)
- Using I2C and LIDAR-Lite (JetsonHacks)
- Connecting the Pixhawk and TX1 (ArduPilot)
- NVIDIA Two Days to a Demo (TensorRT)
- NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (QwikLabs)
- Caffe (BVLC Model Zoo)
- TensorFlow post (JetsonHacks)
- Torch7 install script
- pyTorch install script
- dusty-nv's Jetson GitHub jetson-inference jetson-reinforcement
- jetson-inference-gv Inference on GigEVision / RTP streaming video (Ross Newman)
- jetson-inference-cards (playing card recognition by S4WRXTTCS)
- vmayoral's Basic Reinforcement Learning
- JK Jung RL blog - NES AI player
- ChatBot (TensorFlow→TensorRT inferencing workflow by AastaNV)
- face-recognition (face detection with TensorRT plugin by AastaNV)
- NVIDIA GitHub (open-source robotics/DL projects)
- NVIDIA Redtail (end-to-end deep learning drone for ROS)
- Training a Fish Detector with DetectNet part 1 part 2 (jkjung)
- Hey, Jetson! (Automatic Speech Recognition using CNN/RNN)
There are some useful FAQs for Jetson TX1 design, link is here.
Jetson TX1 comes preloaded with NVIDIA's Linux4Tegra (L4T) distribution based on Ubuntu.
However it is possible to install other distributions on a Tegra device:
- Debian: Debian has installer and kernel support for the Jetson TX1 development kit and provides a u-boot binary
- Yocto: Jetson TX1 upstream kernel base Yocto bsp layer
- AGL distro for jetson TX1/TK1: AGL distro for Jetson TX1/TK1.
There are several ways to handle multiple cameras on Jetson TX1 at the same time:
The following are 3rd-party carriers, enclosures, drones, and accessories available for Jetson TX1:
- Auvidea J20 6-camera module
- Auvidea J90 carrier
- Auvidea J100 carrier
- Auvidea J106 carrier (6 camera)
- Auvidea J120 carrier
- Auvidea J130 carrier (4K input)
- Auvidea J140 dual-GbE carrier
- Auvidea J150 OpenGear blade
- Auvidea J200 carrier
- ConnectTech Sprocket carrier
- ConnectTech Orbitty carrier
- ConnectTech Spacely carrier
- ConnectTech Cogswell carrier
- ConnectTech Rosie enclosure
- ConnectTech Elroy carrier
- ConnectTech Rudi enclosure
- ConnectTech Astro carrier
- ConnectTech 3U VPX card
- ConnectTech UTX1AS array server
- Colorado Engineering TX1-SOM
- Code Laboratories Duo3D camera
- D3 Engineering Smart Camera
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-Lite carrier with eDP, CSI, DSI, MicroHDMI etc
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-OV5640 OV5640 M12 lens camera
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-OV5693 OV5693 camera
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-H2C HDMI to CSI expansion board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-SDI SDI to CSI expansion board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-8eyes 4 or 8 cameras ADAS expansion board
- DCDZ(冬虫电子) XCB-AUDIO Sound card expansion board
- Erle Robotics Erle-Brain Pro (coming soon)
- Formula F1/10 RC car
- Gumstix Aerocore2 drone carrier
- JetsonHacks RACECAR
- Leopard Imaging TX1 Camera Kits
- Leopard Imaging TX1 Camera Carrier
- e-con Systems 13MP AR1335 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 2MP AR0230AT MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 3.4 MP AF AR0330 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 13MP AR1820 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- e-con Systems 3.4 MP AR0330 MIPI Jetson TX1/TX2 Camera
- iDrone Teal high-speed drone
- MIT RACECAR
- MR TECH AM203 AMC carrier for ATCA/μTCA
- MR TECH TX1 carrier with XIMEA camera interfaces
- Photoneo carrier & camera module
- Pixevia CORE X1 drone carrier
- Pleiades Spiri developer drone
- Prioria Merlin autopilot
- Puget Systems Acrylic Enclosure
- RidgeRun GStreamer and Multimedia Solutions
- Stereolabs ZED depth camera
- USES Integrated UTX1AS array server
- Viooa Solo
- Vision4CE CHARM-100 enclosure
- ZHAW 4K HDMI2CSI interface
TX1 SoC is also used in consumer products.
USB 3.0 webcams known to be working
- e-con Systems' See3CAM_CU135 was tested on Jetson TX1 with 1920x1080 @ 29 FPS (uncompressed), 1920x1080 @ 18 FPS (MJPG compressed), 4096x2160 @ 6 FPS (uncompressed), 4208x3120 @ 3 FPS (uncompressed), as well as other settings.
- e-con Systems' See3CAM_130 was tested on Jetson TX1 with 1920x1080 @ 29 FPS (uncompressed), 1920x1080 @ 15 FPS (MJPG compressed), 4096x2160 @ 7 FPS (uncompressed), 4208x3120 @ 4 FPS (uncompressed), as well as other settings.
- e-con Systems' See3CAM_81 was tested on Jetson TX1 with 1920x1080 @ 12 FPS (uncompressed), 3264x2448 @ 5 FPS (uncompressed), as well as other settings.
- e-con Systems' See3CAM_30 was tested on Jetson TX1 with 1920x1080 @ 13 FPS (uncompressed), 1280x720 @ 30 FPS (uncompressed), 1920x1080 @ 42 FPS (MJPG compressed), 1280x720 @ 20 FPS (MJPG compressed),as well as other settings.
- e-con Systems' See3CAM_CU30 was tested on Jetson TX1 with 1920x1080 @ 13 FPS (uncompressed), 1280x720 @ 30 FPS (uncompressed), 1920x1080 @ 42 FPS (MJPG compressed), 1280x720 @ 20 FPS (MJPG compressed),as well as other settings.
- Stereolabs ZED
- Point Grey Flea3 & Blackfly
- Logitech C920
If you have a technical question or bug report, please visit the DevTalk Developer Forums and search or start a topic.