The JustBoom BB Black digital audio output Cape is a high-resolution audio add-on board for BB Black. Simply stack the plug-and-play add on board onto your BB Black and it will be ready to use immediately. The JustBoom Digi Cape produces an unmodified, high quality, digital audio data stream for bit-perfect transmission to your Hi-Fi system.
We’ve designed the JustBoom BB Black digital audio output cape to be simple to install and use. With no soldering required and all the mounting hardware already provided this product is suitable for absolute beginners and seasoned professionals alike. Just connect your Digi Cape to external DAC or amplifier/amplified speakers and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of setting up this BB Black Cape. We also include an optional IR receiver to allow remote control operation of your BB Black.
The JustBoom BB Black digital audio output Cape includes a 192kHz/24 bit digital audio chip with low jitter, bit perfect digital output (S/PDIF) over optical or coaxial connectors for an uncompromised high quality audio experience. It also includes an output transformer for full galvanic isolation between your BB Black and your DAC on the coaxial output.
It is also powered directly from the GPIO header so no extra cables or power supplies are required to connect to the BB Black. All of the GPIO pins are still accessible on the Digi Cape for easy customisation of your project – add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires.
- Dedicated S/PDIF output interface chip supports up to 192kHz / 24bit resolution
- Digital audio output over either optical (TOSLINK) or coaxial (RCA electrical) connectors
- Low jitter, bit perfect digital output
- Output transformer for galvanic isolation
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- Software volume control from your BB Black
- No soldering required
- Powered by the BB Black GPIO header
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- All GPIO pins still accessible
To go back to the cape list, please click BeagleBone Capes